Will Chrome's "Not Secure" July change affect ad serving?

HK

Mar 13, 2018, 12:27:18 PM3/13/18
to AdWords API Forum
Hi,

This might not be the correct forum, but giving it a shot. Does anyone know if the announced change to Chrome in July where non-https sites will be flagged as "Not Secure", will affect ads? Wondering if we need to change templates / ads to use https to make sure ads will still serve?

Thanks,
Hans

Milind Sankeshware (AdWords API Team)

Mar 13, 2018, 4:33:37 PM3/13/18
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Hans,

On this forum, we address questions related to AdWords API. Since your question is related to Chrome, I would suggest that you post it in the chrome forum.

Thanks,
Milind, AdWords API Team.

HK

Mar 13, 2018, 4:53:49 PM3/13/18
to AdWords API Forum
Hi, Milind

I guess it's more of an AdWords question (not an AdWords API question though). Will AdWords favor landing pages using https over http when choosing which ads to serve?

Milind Sankeshware (AdWords API Team)

Mar 14, 2018, 3:00:20 PM3/14/18
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Hans,

As you guessed, this is more of a product question. Could you please post your question on AdWords Community forum?