Traffic Estimation Service Data for Search campaign

Pradeep Datla

Jan 16, 2020, 9:53:35 PM1/16/20
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi,

We are creating Search Campaign through API and using "TargetingIdeaService" to get Keywords Ideas. Based on keywords selected by the user and selected Campaign Budget we want to show the reach.

we dont have a maxCPC value from the user and we only take the budget per day value. So when i am using "TrafficEstimatorService" the results i am getting never match the values shown in Google UI(as i have to set maxCPC to some number).

I dont think i have implemented "TrafficEstimatorService" wrong, as the api results i get match the data shown in Google ads Keyword planner forecasts tab(when i use the same maxCPC in both api and planner UI). My problem is that the data does not match the Google Ads UI while creating Search Ad, which is what we are trying to provide user through our system.

Is there any other service or method i can use to get the right data?

I have attached a screenshot of Google Ads UI to show the daily estimates i am referring to.

estimatorService.jpg

Thank You,
Pradeep Datla.

Google Ads API Forum Advisor Prod

Jan 17, 2020, 1:17:06 PM1/17/20
to p.d...@mopro.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Pradeep,

Thank you for reaching out. As explained here, the TrafficEstimatorService is meant to mimic the keyword planner in the UI so the values you are getting are the expected values. Unfortunately, there is no way to retrieve the daily estimates from the screenshot you provided.

Regards,
Mitchell
Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5001USwhyO:ref

Pradeep Datla

Jan 17, 2020, 3:56:08 PM1/17/20
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum

As i dont have maxCPC from the user , Can i average the avgCPC of the keywords user selected from "TargetingIdeaService" and send it as maxCPC. Is this the right way to guess maxCPC value?
also please suggest if there is any alternative to comeup with a maxCPC value to get the traffic estimation

-Pradeep Datla.

Google Ads API Forum Advisor Prod

Jan 21, 2020, 1:14:51 PM1/21/20
to p.d...@mopro.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Pradeep,

The TargetingIdeaService's average CPC is based on historical metrics so it is a good projection but will not accurately reflect the CPC for the keyword in the user's ad group. I recommend implementing a way to get the max CPC from the user as it is very specific to their account. If this is not possible, you can estimate it based on the values returned from the TargetingIdeaService however this isn't likely to match the forecast shown for the ad group.

Pradeep Datla

Jan 22, 2020, 4:44:16 PM1/22/20
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi Mitchell,

We took your advice and now we are taking maxCPC and daily budget from the user. But even after sending both maxCPC(in KeywordEstimateRequest) and dailyBudget(in CampaignEstimateRequest), the clicks count i get from api dont match with the one shown in keywordplanner forecast UI offered by google. I have added the same parameter into api like presented in UI. The only difference i see is the datarange selected which is not offered in API

I logged in with the same user credentials in UI as the accesstoken i am passing in API. I followed all the steps from : https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/guides/traffic-estimator-service
We are simulating for Proposed Campaign. so i am not passing any campaign id or adgroup id
I have used the same exact keywords (Broad Match) , Location , Language And Search Network , maxCPC and i matched the daily budget to the estimate provided by UI. Still the results i got did not match with UI.

Please provide solution, what could be wrong.

Thank You,
Pradeep Datla.

Pradeep Datla

Jan 22, 2020, 6:12:35 PM1/22/20
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum

On Wednesday, January 22, 2020 at 1:44:16 PM UTC-8, Pradeep Datla wrote:
Hi Mitchell,

We took your advice and now we are taking maxCPC and daily budget from the user. But even after sending both maxCPC(in KeywordEstimateRequest) and dailyBudget(in CampaignEstimateRequest), the clicks count i get from api dont match with the one shown in keywordplanner forecast UI offered by google. I have added the same parameter into api like presented in UI. The only difference i see is the daterange selected which is not offered in API

Google Ads API Forum Advisor Prod

Jan 23, 2020, 9:44:48 AM1/23/20
to p.d...@mopro.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Pradeep,

Can you please provide the complete detailed request and response logs and a screenshot of the UI keyword planner via reply privately to author? You can find information on enabling logging in the ReadMe of your client library.