DetailedReportDownloadResponseException: 500 due to ReportDownloadError.ERROR_GETTING_RESPONSE_FROM_BACKEND

cbia...@adcellerant.com

Nov 13, 2018, 3:35:34 AM11/13/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
I am implementing a service that retrieves report from adwords on a daily scheduled interval for ~1000 clients, and I get this result intermittently when I make a request for a report download. What is the cause of this? Is the report I am requesting not available at the time I'm requesting or is something else happening? Should I just make the request again immediately or can I expect the same result?

Peter Oliquino (AdWords API Team)

Nov 13, 2018, 3:53:49 AM11/13/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi,

Since you mentioned that you are generating reports for ~1000 clients, you may be encountering the timeouts issue wherein the report fails if the amount of data being retrieved is too large. I would recommend that you further breakdown the reports by excluding some fields or by adding predicates in order to avoid this issue.

Should the error persist, you may send to me your clientCustomerIds and the report defintion you used so I can investigate this matter further. You may send your reply via the Reply privately to author option.

Thanks and regards,
Peter
AdWords API Team