Product Partition Tree for some campaigns take a while. Suggestions?

venkata munnangi

Nov 1, 2018, 3:20:49 PM11/1/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi,

I have a process, that requires to run every 15 minutes. But, the retrieving the product partition tree for big campaigns take a long time (170 adgroups - 44 mins).

Any suggestions to speed it up using the API?

Currently, I am thinking of caching the product partition tree during the first run of the day, and keep track of any mutations as I make during the day. But, Would love to hear any suggestions.

Thanks

Sreelakshmi Sasidharan (AdWords API Team)

Nov 2, 2018, 3:59:03 PM11/2/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hello Venkata,

Looks like you already have a great idea. What details would you need this process to run? Based on that, you may be able to leverage the Product Partition Report or Criteria Performance Report with criteriatype = PRODUCT_PARTITION. Reports are the recommended approach when the number of entities you are trying to retrieve is higher.

We are running an annual developer feedback survey. Please take opportunity to leave feedback on how we can make managing campaigns at scale even easier.

Thanks,
Sreelakshmi, AdWords API Team

venkata munnangi

Nov 14, 2018, 1:40:04 PM11/14/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hello Sreelakshmi,
Thanks for the reply. Sorry, I got distracted to a different project, and I came back to this problem today morning.

The core objective for the process is to make updates within an ad group (e.g, add / remove offerIds within a campaign). I'll look into the reports, but I am not sure If I can fully leverage them with my current design, as I need to make mutations.

Best Regards,
Venkata M

Sreelakshmi Sasidharan (AdWords API Team)

Nov 14, 2018, 4:55:57 PM11/14/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi Venkata,

Do let me know if you have any additional questions once you take a look.

venkata munnangi

Feb 13, 2019, 2:22:45 PM2/13/19
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Reviving an old conversation. If I download the product partition report, then I would assume to update the bids based on the product partition id, I will have to construct the ProductPartitionTree internally and send the mutatable operations?

Any suggestions on how to update ProductPartitionNodes when I downlaod the ProductPartition report.

googleadsapi...@google.com

Feb 13, 2019, 5:08:39 PM2/13/19
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hello Venkata,

If you are trying to update the bids of individual nodes in a product partition, you could use the AdGroupCriterionService.mutate() and update the bids. You can point to the specific node using the Id attribute of the product partition criterion. You could refer to the UpdateKeyword sample in Java for a reference and make changes to update the product partition criterion. Samples in other languages can be found here. Please let me know if you face any issues while trying this.

Thanks,
Sreelakshmi, AdWords API Team

    http://googleadsdeveloper.blogspot.com/search/label/adwords_api
    https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/community/

Was your question answered? Please rate your experience with us by taking a short survey.
If not -- reply to this email and tell us what else we can do to help.

Take Survey

http://googleadsdeveloper.blogspot.com/search/label/adwords_api
https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/community/

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/adwords-api/badfb175-a190-4100-805d-3381b15f977b%40googlegroups.com.