Disk Quota for Batch Jobs is a negative number and doesn't seem to be recovering

san...@goshift.com

Sep 12, 2018, 6:38:10 AM9/12/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi,

For two adwords accounts the diskQuotaBalance returned within the response when init a new batch job is a negative number and it doesn't seem to recover therefore blocking us from uploading more batches.

On our side after we init a new batch job we ensure there is at least 50mb of diskQuotaBalance left, before we start uploading operations to that batch job, but as this is a negative number we never get to upload any operations.

Could someone please investigate why this is happening?

I can send adwords account ids in private message.

Thanks
Sanjay

Sreelakshmi Sasidharan (AdWords API Team)

Sep 12, 2018, 12:44:11 PM9/12/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi Sanjay,

Could you please share the client customer ids of those accounts along with the SOAP logs (request/response) where you are getting the negative value for diskusagequotabalance? You can use reply privately to author while sharing the details.

Thanks,
Sreelakshmi, AdWords API Team

san...@goshift.com

Sep 13, 2018, 7:29:55 AM9/13/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi,

I think I have found out what the issue was.

We kept on retrying a failing batch job.

I suspect the adwords API noticed that we kept on submitting a failing batch job and put in place measures to restrict our developer token from creating/uploading batches - by a way of marking the disk quota to a negative number.

Could you please confirm this?

If so, we are working on fixing the rogue batch job, could the restrictions be lifted so we can continue processing.

An urgent response would be appreciated.

Thanks
Sanjay

Sreelakshmi Sasidharan (AdWords API Team)

Sep 13, 2018, 10:16:13 AM9/13/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi Sanjay,

Thanks for the details. I am checking with the team and will keep you updated as soon as I hear from them.

Anash P. Oommen (AdWords API Team)

Sep 13, 2018, 3:05:22 PM9/13/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi Sanjay,

I can confirm that this was related to the issues we were having with BatchJobService earlier today. This issue should be fixed now. Let me know if you continue seeing negative values for diskQuotaUsageBalance.

Cheers
Anash P. Oommen,
AdWords API Advisor.

san...@goshift.com

Sep 14, 2018, 5:33:45 AM9/14/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Thanks for confirming that.

I don't believe the BatchJobService has fully recovered though, as some of your batch jobs are still taking a age to process which is causing our test build to take much longer then usual.

Also is there a status page we can go to, to view the health of the various adwords api services?

Thanks
Sanjay

Anash P. Oommen (AdWords API Team)

Sep 14, 2018, 3:30:34 PM9/14/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi Sanjay,

We are investigating. I haven't seen additional reports though. Is this issue still present?

Thanks,

Anash P. Oommen,
AdWords API Advisor.

Anash P. Oommen (AdWords API Team)

Sep 16, 2018, 1:01:49 PM9/16/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi Sanjay,

We did another spot check yesterday and no longer see this issue for any accounts. Feel free to reopen this thread if you see more issues.

Cheers
Anash P. Oommen,
AdWords API Advisor.

ant...@goshift.com

Sep 17, 2018, 12:10:30 AM9/17/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi Anash,

Yes this issue still present (I'm Sanjay's colleague)

I would like to ask you two questions:

1) how is the quota worked out? by the number of operation per batch or just by the size of the batch request in mb?

2) is this quota limit per OAuth token or per adwords account?

We work with multiple adwords accounts and many of them are getting affected, this issue just started this week.

Regards,
Antonio
Message has been deleted