Where to find job prerequisites in BatchJobService?

21 مرّة مشاهدة
التخطي إلى أول رسالة غير مقروءة

markus...@s24.com

غير مقروءة،
19‏/07‏/2016، 5:43:05 ص19‏/7‏/2016
إلى AdWords API Forum
I am currently migration from the MutateJobService to the BatchJobService and cannot find job prerequisites in BatchJobService.
How can I declare job dependencies with the new BatchJobService?
Are jobs for the same account get sequentially executed with the new BatchJobService instead?

Vishal Vinayak (Adwords API Team)

غير مقروءة،
19‏/07‏/2016، 5:07:30 م19‏/7‏/2016
إلى AdWords API Forum
Hi Markus,

The Batch Processing guide has complete details on how to migrate from MutateJobService. You can use temporary IDs in your request to allow for dependencies between operations. Also, the dependent operations are applied in the order that they appear in your upload. Therefore, you need to ensure that the operation that creates the parent object comes before the operation that creates the child object.

Regards,
Vishal, AdWords API Team

markus...@s24.com

غير مقروءة،
20‏/07‏/2016، 9:59:54 ص20‏/7‏/2016
إلى AdWords API Forum
Hello Vishal,

sure, I could merge my two jobs into one to ensure precedence.

But what I want to know is: How to ensure that a job has successfully been executed before a second depending job gets executed (the purpose of the prerequisites in the old MutateJobService)? Because jobs are limited in size, I don't want to make them too big, so the option to merge them is problematic for me.

Regards,
Markus

Vishal Vinayak (Adwords API Team)

غير مقروءة،
20‏/07‏/2016، 3:53:12 م20‏/7‏/2016
إلى AdWords API Forum
Hi Marcus,

BatchJobService can handle large jobs, with potentially hundreds of thousands of operations. As a best practice, we recommend using fewer larger jobs than many smaller jobs. However, if you want to use multiple jobs, you can check the status of each job using BatchJobService.get method. A DONE status signifies that the job has completed successfully and that it's safe to start the next job which is dependent on the previous job.
الرد على الكل
رد على الكاتب
إعادة توجيه
0 رسالة جديدة