How do I get report data for different placements in my adgroup? What is the field? How do I get report data for different placements in my adgroup?

jia zheng

Sep 17, 2018, 5:40:03 AM9/17/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum

placement.png

How do I get report data for different placements in my adgroup? What is the field? Attach picture

Milind Sankeshware (AdWords API Team)

Sep 17, 2018, 2:03:59 PM9/17/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi,

You can use criteria field to get the placement data via Placement Performance report. Please refer to reporting basic guide. You can refer to sample Java code to download the report. Samples in other languages can be found here. If you are facing any problem, then please share the report definition so that I can assist you further. You can chose 'Reply privately to author' option while responding.

Thanks,
Milind, AdWords API Team

jia zheng

Sep 17, 2018, 10:29:37 PM9/17/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
As you have described, I have already taken the placement report data, but I have 50,000+ data for one account per day. How do I get the top 10 placement report data for each ad group under this account?

Milind Sankeshware (AdWords API Team)

Sep 18, 2018, 1:41:11 PM9/18/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi Jia,

I am afraid that you won't be able to get top 10 placement data directly via the API. However, you can add the Date field in the report and you could post process the output to sort it in descending order of the impressions/clicks to see the top placement