Several different escape-characters in CSV report

Alex

Dec 4, 2017, 7:07:38 AM12/4/17
to AdWords API Forum
We use a library to parse csv reports from AdWords API. The library takes an escape-character and a quote-character as parameters. Usually both are set to ". But some days ago we encountered an adwords report which contained different escape-chars:
(Its an Ad-performance-report and the column is PolicySummary)

"[""Punctuation and symbols(Bodrum\""da Ev Sahibi Misi....

The API seems to use both " and \ as escape-characters. Is there a reference which characters can be used for escaping? I think our library can't handle more than one escape character, so woule need to roll our own csv-parsing solution just for AdWords Reports..

Bharani Cherukuri (AdWords API Team)

Dec 4, 2017, 3:19:04 PM12/4/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hello Alex,

Could you provide us the complete report definition for the Ad Performance Report and details about client library used, so I can take a look at the issue you're facing? Please use Reply privately to author option to provide the details.

Regards,
Bharani, AdWords API Team