API Reporting returns values for one of the accounts under MCC, and null values for another account under the same MCC

Adventum MCC

Sep 20, 2017, 8:27:52 AM9/20/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hello!

As agency we are running multiple ad accounts under single AdWords MCC.
We have Python application that returns daily Ad Performance reports on each account via API. We use single client_id, client_secret, developer_token and refresh_token for all accounts, only changing client_customer_id.

We noted that for some accounts API returns null values, although for others it returns data. Also according to web interface the requested data exists and has to be returned via API.

What could be possible reasons for getting null values in reports? Could something be wrong with the ad account itself?

Thank you.

Shwetha Vastrad (AdWords API Team)

Sep 20, 2017, 12:58:03 PM9/20/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hi,

Could you provide the report definition being used along with the clientCustomerIds for which you are not able to get data as expected? Please note that when you compare API reports with the data available in the UI, you need to ensure that you select the same fields and dates.

Regards,
Shwetha, AdWords API Team.

Adventum MCC

Sep 21, 2017, 4:23:06 AM9/21/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Shwetha!

Replied to you in direct messages.

Shwetha Vastrad (AdWords API Team)

Sep 21, 2017, 10:34:42 AM9/21/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hi,

The AdWords account 855-699-3833 has only Universal App Campaigns. Universal App campaign stats are available in the reports listed here. This is why you don't get stats for this account via Ad Performance Report. Could you provide the report definition used to get statistics for the 855-160-5229 account?

Thanks.
Shwetha, AdWords API Team.

Adventum MCC

Sep 21, 2017, 12:22:44 PM9/21/17
to AdWords API Forum
Thanks a lot!

We checked account 855-160-5229 and it turned out that the problem was on our side.
Thank you again for your help!