Impression data on a keyword level that match Web UI

Charles Clark

Mar 13, 2018, 4:25:14 PM3/13/18
to AdWords API Forum
Hello,
I've tried to look for answers to this question on the board but I haven't been able to find an answer.
Hopefully you can help me with this.

Question: Is it possible to get impression count for each keyword that matches the Web UI?

I understand that the Keyword performance report is Single attribution where as the Web UI download appears to be using the Multiple Attribution model.
I'm currently stuck, like many others, in the 'Clicks and conversion value match, but not impression', phase of this issue, and I'm wondering how to move forward.

My end goal is to be able to calculate the CTR on a keyword level, and I believe I can't do that until I get the impression count.

Thanks in advance!

Peter Oliquino

Mar 14, 2018, 1:41:39 AM3/14/18
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Charles,

The single attribution usually applies for keywords (ID = 3000000) that are in the Display or YouTube networks. For Search network keywords, you should be able to (depending on the segmented fields used) retrieve the actual Impression count for each keyword (Criteria) row.

As for further dissecting the Display/YouTube network keywords to get their individual impressions, I'm afraid that this is currently not possible via the AdWords API.

Best regards,
Peter
AdWords API Team