Generating a URL to a Customer's Campaign Dashboard

James Robinett

Aug 11, 2017, 12:27:41 PM8/11/17
to AdWords API Forum

Hi all,

I'm working on a dashboard that aggregates all sorts of client data for internal use at my company. We want to include links to the various platforms that provide the data, including AdWords. Is there a way to dynamically generate the URL to a customer's All Campaigns Dashboard.

That __c param seems to be what specifies the customer to view, but it doesn't match the actual Customer ID. Is there a way through the API to retrieve the value for __c for a particular Customer ID? Or another way to link to a customer's campaign view using their ID?

Thanks!

Sreelakshmi Sasidharan (AdWords API Team)

Aug 11, 2017, 5:18:19 PM8/11/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hi James,

Deep linking is not supported in AdWords. You could use various reports supported by the AdWords API to get the relevant data.

Thanks,
Sreelakshmi, AdWords API Team

James Robinett

Aug 11, 2017, 5:21:04 PM8/11/17
to AdWords API Forum
Ah too bad. Thanks Sreelakshmi!

Martin Roettgerding

Aug 12, 2017, 9:33:58 AM8/12/17
to AdWords API Forum
We had the same problem. The __c parameter cannot be found through the API. We worked around this by capturing the parameter manually once per account. This way, we can build deeplinks for several areas of the interface, which is very helpful.

The downside is that Google doesn't commit to keeping the URLs the same forever. However, for the old interface, URL's have stayed the same for a long time.

In any case, an official way to do this via the API would be much appreciated.

Sreelakshmi Sasidharan (AdWords API Team)

Aug 14, 2017, 11:16:53 AM8/14/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Martin and James,

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us. I will let the team know about your suggestion. You could follow our blog for updates/announcements about the API.