NullPointerException in "SOAPPart.java" when using CampaignCriterion service

David Antunes

Apr 6, 2018, 12:21:09 AM4/6/18
to AdWords API Forum
Hi,

I'm getting a NullPointerException in the file "SOAPPart.java" when using CampaignCriterion service:
org.apache.axis.SOAPPart.writeTo(SOAPPart.java:324)
org.apache.axis.SOAPPart.writeTo(SOAPPart.java:269)
org.apache.axis.Message.writeTo(Message.java:539)
com.google.api.ads.common.lib.soap.ResponseInfoXPathSet.parseMessage(ResponseInfoXPathSet.java:76)
com.google.api.ads.common.lib.soap.axis.AxisHandler.invokeSoapCall(AxisHandler.java:249)
com.google.api.ads.common.lib.soap.SoapServiceClient.callSoapClient(SoapServiceClient.java:63)
com.google.api.ads.common.lib.soap.SoapServiceClient.invoke(SoapServiceClient.java:93)
com.sun.proxy.$Proxy43.get(Unknown Source)

This is only for one specific client (that I've noticed).
Does this mean I'm doing something wrong? Is this a problem on Google's side?

Many thanks!
David

Vincent Racaza (AdWords API Team)

Apr 6, 2018, 3:01:17 AM4/6/18
to AdWords API Forum
Hi David,

Can you confirm if this error was generated after the SOAP request and response logs part? If so, can you provide to me the SOAP request and response logs with your clientCustomerId via Reply privately to author option? If you have not enabled the SOAP logs yet, you can enable it by following this guide.

Since you mentioned that this issue is only specific to one client, then I assume that there is just something wrong in your request that generated the NullPointerException.

Thanks,
Vincent
AdWords API Team

David Antunes

Apr 10, 2018, 8:01:45 PM4/10/18
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Vincent,

Sure, I'll send you the logs - thanks!

But for anyone having this issue, it went away when I stopped requesting the field "Parameter".

Thanks,
David