SearchImpressionShare value interpretation

B Kersbergen

Oct 6, 2016, 5:22:05 AM10/6/16
to AdWords API Forum
The API doc says that the SearchImpressionShare in SHOPPING_PERFORMANCE_REPORT returns a percentage as "xx.xx%", or the special value "< 10%".
However when I download the report for most of my offerIds the SearchImpressionShare has value '--'.

The number of impressions on these offersIds with '--' as SearchImpressionShare is up to 3000 per day.
Can anyone tell me what the value of '--' as a SearchImpressionShare represents?

Kind regards,
Barrie

Shwetha Vastrad (AdWords API Team)

Oct 6, 2016, 12:47:41 PM10/6/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Barrie,

A value of two dashes (--) indicates there is no value for this cell. This could be because the value couldn't be calculated for the date range specified. You might not see impression share for products that have too few impressions.

If you see search impression share data in the UI for the same date range in the UI but the report has "--" instead, please provide the complete report definition used along with your clientCustomerId. Please use Reply privately to author when responding.

Thanks,
Shwetha, AdWords API Team.