How can I gather authorized user's accounts?

Felipe Garcia

Aug 4, 2017, 5:35:02 PM8/4/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hey everyone!

I have just implemented a OAuth authorization flow between my front-end JS client and Node back-end to allow users of my app to pull data from the accounts they have on Adwords.

Once they grant my app permissions on the frontend to pull data, I receive an Authorization Code, which I send to my back-end and then proceed to exchange for an authentication token and refresh token for that user. I store that on the back-end.

Now, when trying to use one of the custom JS (Node) libraries out there to pull information from the client, they're always requiring me a Customer Client ID which should be the Adwords Account ID if I'm not mistaken. Thing is, I don't know that ID yet, I don't know what Adwords Accounts does this user have until I fetch them somehow. Do you have an idea of how can I do that? Maybe I'm missing something...

Thanks in advance!

Peter Oliquino

Aug 7, 2017, 1:49:54 AM8/7/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Felipe,

If you wish to retrieve your clientCustomerId, you will need to login to your AdWords account and you should then be able to view the account ID on the upper left corner beside the Google AdWords icon as seen here. Let me know if this helps.

Best regards,
Peter
AdWords API Team