AuthenticationError.CLIENT_CUSTOMER_ID_IS_REQUIRED error since 2018-04-12 on /api/adwords/ch/v201802/CustomerSyncService

Adwords account

Apr 14, 2018, 4:33:33 AM4/14/18
to AdWords API Forum
Hi,

We experiencing issues when calling /api/adwords/ch/v201802/CustomerSyncService service since around 2018-04-12 02:00:00 EET. Although AdWords API team states that these errors should be fixed now, our calls are still failing. When appropriate actions will be taken to mitigate the issue?

Failed reguest logged:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?>
<soap:Envelope xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">
  <soap:Header>
      <requestId>_RequestID_</requestId>
      <serviceName>CustomerSyncService</serviceName>
      <methodName>get</methodName>
      <operations>1</operations>
      <responseTime>142</responseTime>
    </ns2:ResponseHeader>
  </soap:Header>
  <soap:Body>
    <soap:Fault>
      <faultcode>soap:Server</faultcode>
      <faultstring>[AuthenticationError.CLIENT_CUSTOMER_ID_IS_REQUIRED @ ; trigger:'&lt;null&gt;']</faultstring>
      <detail>
          <message>[AuthenticationError.CLIENT_CUSTOMER_ID_IS_REQUIRED @ ; trigger:'&lt;null&gt;']</message>
          <ApplicationException.Type>ApiException</ApplicationException.Type>
          <errors xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:type="AuthenticationError">
            <fieldPath></fieldPath>
            <trigger>&lt;null&gt;</trigger>
            <errorString>AuthenticationError.CLIENT_CUSTOMER_ID_IS_REQUIRED</errorString>
            <ApiError.Type>AuthenticationError</ApiError.Type>
            <reason>CLIENT_CUSTOMER_ID_IS_REQUIRED</reason>
          </errors>
        </ns2:ApiExceptionFault>
      </detail>
    </soap:Fault>
  </soap:Body>
</soap:Envelope>

Luis Xander Talag (AdWords API Team)

Apr 15, 2018, 11:59:33 PM4/15/18
to AdWords API Forum
Hi,

There was a recent issue that was reported to our team regarding this. However, we've received information that the issue has now been resolvedCould you retry your requests and check if you still encountered the error on your end? If so, could you provide the latest SOAP request and response logs when the error occurs? Please reply via Reply privately to author.

Thanks and regards,
Luis
AdWords API Team

Michael Cloonan (AdWords API Team)

Apr 16, 2018, 8:44:58 AM4/16/18
to AdWords API Forum
Hello,

We have gotten another report of this same issue, so I've escalated for our team to take a look. I will let you know as soon as I have more information to share.

Regards,
Mike, AdWords API Team

vygint...@adform.com

Apr 17, 2018, 6:43:24 AM4/17/18
to AdWords API Forum
Hi,

Any updates on this one?

BR,
Vygintas

Michael Cloonan (AdWords API Team)

Apr 17, 2018, 8:31:11 AM4/17/18
to AdWords API Forum
Hello,

Not yet. I will keep this thread posted with new information as it is available.

Regards,
Mike, AdWords API Team

vygint...@adform.com

Apr 18, 2018, 3:18:13 PM4/18/18
to AdWords API Forum
Hi,

Do you have the ETA for this? We applied a temporary workaround, but this situation is getting a bit annoying.

Ragards,
Vygintas

Michael Cloonan (AdWords API Team)

Apr 19, 2018, 7:49:54 AM4/19/18
to AdWords API Forum
Hello,

We have identified the cause of this and are in the process of rolling out a fix. I would expect it to be live sometime early next week, but I will post again here when I confirm that it is rolled out.

Regards,
Mike, AdWords API Team

Michael Cloonan (AdWords API Team)

May 7, 2018, 12:55:24 PM5/7/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hello,

I apologize for the delay. I just wanted to follow up to say that this fix has been rolled out and you should no longer be encountering this error. Please let me know if you still so we can take another look if necessary.

Regards,
Mike, AdWords API Team