Access to Billed Cost vs. Served Cost

Colin Lee

Feb 2, 2018, 3:23:33 AM2/2/18
to AdWords API Forum
The new adwords interface has introduced the concept of Billed Cost vs. Served Cost.

The Served Cost apparently represents the value provided by AdWords while the Billed Cost represents the actual amount billed to the account.

The API's "Cost" field appears to be the Served Cost; however, we need access to the actual billed cost (the amount that was billed to the account).

Is this coming to the API any time soon - hopefully in the Feb release?

Peter Oliquino

Feb 2, 2018, 3:55:24 AM2/2/18
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Colin,

We currently have no information if the billed cost will be included in the succeeding version of the AdWords API. You may follow our blog for updates or announcements regarding if and when the actual billed cost field will be made available.

Thanks and regards,
Peter
AdWords API Team

za...@wavo.me

Nov 21, 2018, 4:29:32 AM11/21/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
I also require access to 'billed cost' programmatically.

Peter Oliquino (AdWords API Team)

Nov 21, 2018, 4:36:07 AM11/21/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi,

My apologies as billed cost is not yet supported in the AdWords API.

Thanks and regards,
Peter
AdWords API Team

Message has been deleted

Grady Moore

Jan 29, 2020, 4:49:04 PM1/29/20
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
We need to get "billed cost" through the API.  How do we go about this in 2020?  Is there any way to arrive at the correct number?  The rationale is that oftentimes are daily budgets are extremely different for Served vs Billed Cost in display ad campaigns -

We just really need to know the daily "billed cost" - any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you -

Google Ads API Forum Advisor Prod

Jan 30, 2020, 3:18:20 PM1/30/20
to g...@adsurgent.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com

Hi Grady,

Thank you for reaching out. As of now it is not supported to retrieve the "billed cost" through the API. I have submitted a feature request to include this feature in the Adwords API. However, we don’t know when this feature would be released. Please keep an eye on our blog for the announcements and updates on new releases.

Thanks and regards,
Xiaoming, Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5001USx5Qr:ref

cv

Dec 15, 2020, 1:16:49 AM12/15/20
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Is there any progress on this feature request?

Google Ads API Forum Advisor Prod

Dec 15, 2020, 5:03:26 PM12/15/20
to chirag....@gmail.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out. As our top priority right now is to get the new Google Ads API ready for general availability. As such, we aren't planning on adding enhancements to the AdWords API, but we will continue to fully support it, and address any bugs as they are found.

Thanks and regards,
Xiaoming, Google Ads API Team

Google Logo
Xiaoming
Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5001USx5Qr:ref

Stian Instebø

Dec 6, 2021, 10:24:33 AM12/6/21
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Any update on this?

We are currently fetching out customers spend using metrics.cost_micros in order to fetch costs. However that differs from billed costs when display campaigns over deliver.

Any way we can fetch the billed cost only?

BR

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Dec 6, 2021, 10:53:02 PM12/6/21
to st...@digitalopptur.no, adwor...@googlegroups.com

Hello Stian,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

I can see that you've also raised a similar concern on this thread. Let's utilize that thread instead for better tracking of your concern.

As for the feature request raised on this thread, we recommend that you follow our blog for updates and new releases instead.

Regards,

Google Logo
Mark Kevin Albios