Asset performance segmented by conversion_action

He Chang

May 28, 2020, 9:26:05 PM5/28/20
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi, API support team

May I consult is it possible to query the asset performance metrics like clicks, segmented by the conversion_action for AC 2.5 in the scenarios of multiple optimization event? I read the doc and found seems the metric is available in ad_group_ad_asset_view, but the segment by conversion_action is in resource asset.

Thank you!

Google Ads API Forum Advisor Prod

May 29, 2020, 3:20:29 PM5/29/20
to adwor...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out. With regards to your concern,  you can query all of that info from the  ad_group_ad_asset_view report and you can pull fields from the reports in the "attributed resources”, Please see the below query to get the data  what you are looking for.

Query:
 SELECT  Ad_group_ad_asset_view.ad_group_ad,asset.id,campaign.name,
asset.type,Ad_group_ad_asset_view.asset, ad_group_ad_asset_view.performance_label,metrics.impressions,metrics.clicks,segments.conversion_action
FROM ad_group_ad_asset_view
WHERE segments.date DURING LAST_MONTH

 Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Nirmita Patel Google Ads Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q1zsmKa:ref

He Chang

May 30, 2020, 10:04:34 AM5/30/20
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi,

Thanks for the help. I tried the query but got the error like below.

error_code {

    query_error: PROHIBITED_SEGMENT_IN_SELECT_OR_WHERE_CLAUSE

  }

  message: "Cannot select or filter on the following segments: \'segments.conversion_action\'(could not support requested resources: \'AD_GROUP_AD_ASSET_VIEW\', \'AD_GROUP_AD_ASSET_VIEW\'), since segment is incompatible with the resource in the FROM clause or other selected segmenting resources."

Looks like 'conversion_action' is not a segmentable field according to the doc.

Can you kindly help check again?

Google Ads API Forum Advisor Prod

Jun 1, 2020, 12:10:15 PM6/1/20
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Thank you for providing information. With regards to their concern, the ad_group_ad_asset_view does not support the segmentation based on conversion actions. A feature request for their concern is already raised internally within our team. We do not have a definite timeline on when this feature will be supported. Please keep an eye on our blog for more updates. Additionally, they could use the asset resource to pull specific asset details which supports segmentation based on conversion_action. Let us know if you need any additional information.