Translations of Verticals?

chenjia...@gmail.com

Sep 19, 2017, 5:30:06 AM9/19/17
to AdWords API Forum

We have a function to get the display network inside the subject data, I need the Chinese data, but now I get out of the api data are English terms.

The vertical.path () attribute is obviously only English-language, and the CSV file I found in the vertical appendix is also available in English only. I have seen some people have asked a similar question before, I do not know if there is any solution to this problem.

Thanks,
jiajun.chen

Shwetha Vastrad (AdWords API Team)

Sep 19, 2017, 1:16:47 PM9/19/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hi jiajun.chen,

I'm afraid Vertical categories are not available in other languages. You'll need to get the Vertical details using ConstantDataService or from this page and use a translation tool such as Google Translate to produce the language-specific descriptions.

Regards,
Shwetha, AdWords API Team.

chenjia...@gmail.com

Sep 19, 2017, 10:32:30 PM9/19/17
to AdWords API Forum

HI Shwetha Vastrad ,

   Thank you for your answer, but I still have some questions, but also the same type of problem, in the display network interest and remarketing inside the audience data, and I need the same data, there is no way to get the Chinese version of the Data?

Thanks,
jiajun.chen

Shwetha Vastrad (AdWords API Team)

Sep 20, 2017, 10:51:54 AM9/20/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hi,

Criteria with the prefix "uservertical" are of type CriterionUserInterest. To get more details for each identifier, you need to use either of the following:
I'm afraid both the options will provide data in English only. You'll need to use a translation tool to get categories in Chinese.

Layne Shepherd

Nov 20, 2017, 4:43:13 AM11/20/17
to AdWords API Forum
Unfortunately, ConstantDataService.getUserInterestCriterion does not return affinity categories.  How can i retrieve affinity categories programmatically via the API?

Layne Shepherd

Nov 20, 2017, 4:43:13 AM11/20/17
to AdWords API Forum
Unfortunately, ConstantDataService.getUserInterestCriterion does not return affinity categories.  How can i retrieve affinity categories programmatically via the API?

Sreelakshmi Sasidharan (AdWords API Team)

Nov 20, 2017, 2:27:35 PM11/20/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Layne,

You can use the userInterestTaxonomyType : BRAND to get the Affinity categories via API.

Thanks,
Sreelakshmi, AdWords API Team

Layne Shepherd

Nov 20, 2017, 4:53:52 PM11/20/17
to AdWords API Forum
Sreelakshmi,

Thanks for your response.  That was exactly what I was looking for.  I had tried that earlier but was comparing the results to the csv here (https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/appendix/affinity_categories.csv) (which appears to be outdated) and not to the list of affinity categories in the adwords UI.

Sreelakshmi Sasidharan (AdWords API Team)

Nov 21, 2017, 10:36:04 AM11/21/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Layne,

Thanks for pointing this out. I will let the team know about the discrepancy between ConstantDataService and the data in the API documentation.