ImageError.LAYOUT_PROBLEM possible causes

rafa....@rocketroi.com

Aug 19, 2016, 6:43:49 AM8/19/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hi,

i'm working with Display Network and i'm getting this error (ImageError.LAYOUT_PROBLEM) when I try to upload the logo file to Google

AdWordsSession session = GetConnection.getSession(accountId as Long)
MediaServiceInterface mediaService = adWordsServices.get(session, MediaServiceInterface.class);

Image image = new Image();
image = (Image) mediaService.upload((Media[]) [image].toArray())[0];

After searching in the internet I discovered that the problem is caused because the image include much white space. In fact my logo had lot of white.

My question is if are there other any possible reasons that throw this error (ImageError.LAYOUT_PROBLEM) besides the "much white space", for example (I'm making it up) too much black space, or certain colors are not allowed

Thank you very much!

Peter Oliquino

Aug 19, 2016, 7:01:49 AM8/19/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Rafa,

Another possible cause would be is if your image is unconventional, meaning that it could be expanding beyond the designated frame. The article in this link should help explain the requirements for image ads.

Best regards,
Peter
AdWords API Team