QuotaCheckError.DEVELOPER_TOKEN_NOT_APPROVED on test account. Why?

Aleksandar

Sep 27, 2018, 3:10:47 PM9/27/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi

I created a test MCC (897-646-0211) and then created a test account (890-811-6327) under the test MCC. But, I'm always getting the QuotaCheckError.DEVELOPER_TOKEN_NOT_APPROVED  error when I query the test account 890-811-6327.

Aren't all accounts under a test MCC supposed to be test accounts where I can use an unapproved developer token?

I can send the SOAP request / error log if you need it.

Thanks
Aleksandar

Teja Makani

Sep 27, 2018, 4:29:25 PM9/27/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hello Aleksandar,

The DEVELOPER_TOKEN_NOT_APPROVED error occurs when you are trying to access a production account with the developer token having test access. Could you please confirm whether the clientCustomerId mentioned in the request headers containing the test account? If you are sure that your are targeting to the test account and still facing the issues, please share the complete SOAP logs(request and response) without redacting any information. You could use reply privately to the author option while sharing.

Regards,
Sai Teja, AdWords API Team.

takai

Sep 28, 2018, 5:33:34 AM9/28/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hello Teja,

I have same issue.
Can I share request and response logs via reply privately to author, too?

2018年9月28日金曜日 5時29分25秒 UTC+9 Teja Makani:

Teja Makani

Sep 28, 2018, 1:59:44 PM9/28/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hello Takal,

Sure, Please share the complete logs (request and response) without redacting any information. Please use request privately to the author option while responding.

takai

Oct 1, 2018, 11:46:40 PM10/1/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi, Teja,

I shared a log generated from my application and your SDK.
Could you tell me my mistake, please.

thanks
Takai

2018年9月29日土曜日 2時59分44秒 UTC+9 Teja Makani:

Aleksandar

Oct 3, 2018, 4:38:45 AM10/3/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi Teja

I think I know where the problem is. When I created the test MCC (897-646-0211) I connected it to my existing email address which I use for production accounts. The reason I did so is because the form to create test MCCs allows to link an existing account in the bottom yellow box (and who wants to open an extra new account if using an existing one is possible too?). So, even though my test MCC is clearly marked as "test account" in the top right, I think all the regular accounts I created below the test MCC were not created as test but production accounts. If that is the reason of the problem, then your account creation logic is not as stated in the help manuals, where you describe that each account created under a test MCC is a test account.

I then created another, new email address, created a test MCC for that email address and then created test accounts under that new test MCC. Suddenly my API requests to that new test account structure started to work fine.

My case would prove that this depends on the email address with which one is logged in. So, in my opinion this is wrong and should be fixed.

If the categorization of a new accounts beneath a test MCC is not determined by the parent test MCC, but by the user who is logged in, and if this is the intended behaviour, then you should update the help manuals to reflect this logic.

Otherwise, if the categorization of a new accounts beneath a test MCC should not be determined by the logged in user and just by the parent test MCC, then you should fix that in your systems.

Regards
Aleksandar

Teja Makani

Oct 3, 2018, 2:57:49 PM10/3/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hello Aleksandar,

The account (890-811-6327) you created under the test MCC (897-646-0211) is test account. The account you create under the test MCC account is always a test client account irrespective of login email id. However, there is an ongoing bug regarding this issue, I will let you know once I have more information on this bug.

Regards,
Sai Teja, AdWords API Team.

group.mark...@vpt.co.uk

Oct 3, 2018, 7:31:56 PM10/3/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi

I'm experiencing same issue.

Should I send logs, MCC test CID and test client CID?

Daniel

Siddhi Kabra

Oct 4, 2018, 7:26:39 AM10/4/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Facing the same issue. Is there any update?

Teja Makani

Oct 4, 2018, 2:00:34 PM10/4/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hello,

Thanks for letting us know. We are noticing similar incidents from the past few days and there is an ongoing bug on this issue. We will update you once we have more information about this.

Regards,
Sai Teja, AdWords API Team.

omniad...@gmail.com

Oct 8, 2018, 1:20:53 AM10/8/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hello,

We are seeing the same issue. Is there any update on this?

Teja Makani

Oct 8, 2018, 1:52:12 PM10/8/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hello,

The issue is still going on. I will let everyone know once I have more information on this.

Regards,
Sai Teja, AdWords API Team.

Austin Kregel

Oct 9, 2018, 4:47:28 PM10/9/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hello!

I also seem to be affected by this bug/issue. I'll be happy to provide the AdWords API Team with any information they need if they message me privately.

Austin Kregel

Oct 9, 2018, 4:47:28 PM10/9/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
So after a few hours of tinkering I have been able to narrow this issue down to just affecting the accounts I create since this issue was created. Something in the way the UI creates the accounts is breaking. After a 3 hour consultation with my co-workers we realized the accounts that _worked_ and didn't have any issues were marked as removed and had a red X next their names.

Accounts that are marked as removed will work just fine for me; however, any account that's marked as active (or that has a green dot) will not work and WILL return the error described by pretty much everyone here.

If I create an account via the API, the account will be marked as removed, but it will work without giving the error described above.

I hope this helps!

Teja Makani

Oct 10, 2018, 1:53:04 PM10/10/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hello,

We are following up with the team. Once I have more information on this I will update everyone.

Regards,
Sai Teja, AdWords API Team.

yuting fu

Oct 15, 2018, 1:02:27 AM10/15/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Same issue here. Testing API with test client ID but got the same error. Can you help to verify is it a bug or something I miss ?

Ad manager account: 455-648-9642 (I use developer token from here and my token is test account access only)
Ad test manager account: 186-607-2898 (I log with ad test manager account to create project to get OAuth client ID and credential)
Test client client: 126-982-1970 (I create test client account under test ad manager account and use it as client_customer_id in yaml file)

Thank a lot for your reply.

Yuting

Teja Makani於 2018年10月11日星期四 UTC+8上午1時53分04秒寫道:

Teja Makani

Oct 15, 2018, 2:41:12 PM10/15/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hello,

Your process seems to be right, though there is an ongoing bug and we are following up with the team. I will update everyone when I have more information.

Regards,
Sai Teja, AdWords API Team.

admini...@edmds.nl

Oct 22, 2018, 7:09:29 PM10/22/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hello Teja,

I know it is being investigated, but just to let you know some ids.

I am experiencing the same error when querying Google Ads test account 519-086-4594 from within the Oauth credentials created under the Google Ads Manager test account 146-493-7952. The developer token used is linked to the Google Ads Manager account 128-463-3531 that cannot be linked to the test and test manager accounts above. When trying to link 128-463-3531 to 519-086-4594 or 146-493-7952, I am getting the 'The manager cannot create more client accounts' error in the UI.

1. I donot see how the Google Ads Manager account and the Google Ads Manager test accounts are linked to one-another?
2. Somehow, there have been extra accounts created (Google Ads account 185-594-5391 under the Google Ads Manager email address, and, Google Ads account 243-027-5927 under the Google Ads Manager test email address). Both are not test accounts but I also cannot remove them. Maybe something goes wrong in having multiple accounts under the same manager account's email address?

Hope to see a solution soon.

Kind Regards
Lars Hemel
Message has been deleted

Teja Makani

Oct 23, 2018, 2:52:44 PM10/23/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hello Lars,

I have responded to the same question earlier on this thread and the issue regarding DEVELOPER_TOKEN_NOT_APPROVED error is still going on, anyhow please find my response below inline:

1. I donot see how the Google Ads Manager account and the Google Ads Manager test accounts are linked to oneanother?
    Google ads test accounts and production accounts are separate domains they should not be linked. It is an expected behavior to get an error while trying to link production and test accounts.

2. Somehow, there have been extra accounts created (Google Ads account 185-594-5391 under the Google Ads Manager email addres, and, Google Ads account 243-027-5927 under the Google Ads Manager test email adres). Both are not test accounts but I also cannot remove them. Maybe something goed wrong in having multiple accounts under the same manager account's email addres?
Any email address can have access to up to 5 AdWords accounts. Looks like the accounts mentioned are not completed the signup process. You can complete the signup process on them and then you can cancel the accounts by following the instructions shown here but cannot remove them completely. Also if you don't want them to be accessed by the manager accounts email address, you could follow instructions shown in this article to remove access to that email address.

Sai Teja, AdWords API Team.

Teja Makani

Nov 5, 2018, 4:41:41 PM11/5/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hello,

Thanks for your patience. There is an update on this issue, you can create a new test client account under the existing test manager account and the API requests should work with unapproved developer token. Please note that the requests to the existing test accounts is not yet fixed. Please give it a try and let me know if you are facing any issues.

Regards,
Sai Teja, AdWords API Team.

الشيخ الروحاني الحاج رشيد الكندي

Nov 5, 2018, 5:12:33 PM11/5/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
SeedAdGroupIdSearchParameter (v201809)

Teja Makani

Nov 6, 2018, 12:51:05 PM11/6/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hello,

Could you please elaborate if you have any questions related to AdWords API?

Regards,
Sai Teja, AdWords API Team.

admini...@edmds.nl

Nov 13, 2018, 10:15:26 AM11/13/18