How to move account with Google Ads API

ghostwol...@gmail.com

May 3, 2019, 4:45:06 PM5/3/19
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hello,

How do we move account with  Google Ads API, moveOperation doesn't exist any more.
Can we move the client account under a new manager account by using the mutate customer client link services?
What will happen for the customerClientLink of the older manager account? Will it get updated automatically?

Thank you!

googleadsapi...@google.com

May 6, 2019, 3:40:15 AM5/6/19
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi,

Thank you for reaching out to us. It is correct that moveOperation is currently not available in Google Ads API. In order to move the client account under a new manager account, you could use the CustomerClientLinkService.MutateCustomerClientLink() method to initiate the link. This request will require that you send the manager CID to the API, and authenticate as a user who has access to the manager account. Take note that the old manager account will not be updated automatically. You would need to modify the same link, but now using CustomerManagerLinkService.MutateCustomerManagerLink() method to accept the invitation. This request will require that you send the client CID to the API, and authenticate as a user who has access to the client account.

Let me know if this helps.

Regards,
Dave
Google Ads API Team

    https://ads-developers.googleblog.com/search/label/google_ads_api
    https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/community/

Was your question answered? Please rate your experience with us by taking a short survey.
If not -- reply to this email and tell us what else we can do to help.

Take Survey

http://googleadsdeveloper.blogspot.com/search/label/adwords_api
https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/community/

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/adwords-api/175f4d7e-d331-4c5e-8b53-7ef7fbf74804%40googlegroups.com.

ghostwol...@gmail.com

May 7, 2019, 1:22:40 PM5/7/19
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi Dave,

Thank you for the reply!
So what should we do for the old manager account?
Should we update the old managerLink with 'Cancel' status?

Thank you!

Regards,

googleadsapi...@google.com

May 8, 2019, 3:23:35 AM5/8/19
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi,

For the old manager account, you should update the managerLink to INACTIVE to indicate that the relationship is terminated. Take note that you should only update the old manager account's managerLink once you have accepted the invitation to your new manager account.

Let me know if this helps. Should you have further clarifications, feel free to write back.

Regards,
Dave
Google Ads API Team

    https://ads-developers.googleblog.com/search/label/google_ads_api
    https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/community/

Was your question answered? Please rate your experience with us by taking a short survey.
If not -- reply to this email and tell us what else we can do to help.

Take Survey

http://googleadsdeveloper.blogspot.com/search/label/adwords_api
https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/community/

Jason f

May 8, 2019, 9:25:57 AM5/8/19
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi Dave,

Got it.
But what should we do if we want to move the client account from root mcc to a sub mcc?
I have tried to initialize a new link between the client account and sub mcc, but it's giving me the error that client account has been managed under the same mcc hierarchy.
I guess we need to  terminate the relationship between root mcc and client account first.
So is there a way to update the managerLink to INACTIVE for the client account that created by root mcc?

Thank you!

Regards,

googleadsapi...@google.com

May 10, 2019, 1:17:15 AM5/10/19
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi,

Upon checking with the team, to be able to move the client account from your root MCC to your sub MCC, you first need to mark the existing link as INACTIVE. To mark the existing link as INACTIVE, you could use the CustomerManagerLinkService.MutateCustomerManagerLink method if you are using the MCC account, or you could use the CustomerClientLinkService.MutateCustomerClientLink method if you are using the client account. After successfully marking the existing link as INACTIVE, you can now create the new link for your new manager.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Dave
Google Ads API Team

    https://ads-developers.googleblog.com/search/label/google_ads_api
    https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/community/

Was your question answered? Please rate your experience with us by taking a short survey.
If not -- reply to this email and tell us what else we can do to help.

Take Survey

http://googleadsdeveloper.blogspot.com/search/label/adwords_api
https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/community/

Jason f

May 13, 2019, 6:41:00 PM5/13/19
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi Dave,

That makes sense.
I understand once we get the ManagerLink of them then we can use either methods to mark the existing link as INACTIVE.
The only question is how can we get the ManagerLink between the client account and root MCC, since they are linked together while creating the client account from our root MCC instead of using the  CustomerManagerLinkService or  CustomerClientLinkService.

Thank you!

Regards,

googleadsapi...@google.com

May 14, 2019, 3:49:12 AM5/14/19
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi Jason,

I am a colleague of Dave, allow me to provide support for your concern. Getting the ManagerLink will not matter if you used the Google Ads UI or the Google Ads API services to link the accounts. You can use the CustomerManagerLinkService.GetCustomerManagerLink method to retrieve the CustomerManagerLink object. Specifically, you would need the manager_link_id to change the status of your link.

If I misunderstood your concern, kindly let me know by further elaborating your concern.

Thanks and Regards,
Dannison
Google Ads API Team

    https://ads-developers.googleblog.com/search/label/google_ads_api
    https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/community/

Was your question answered? Please rate your experience with us by taking a short survey.
If not -- reply to this email and tell us what else we can do to help.

Take Survey

http://googleadsdeveloper.blogspot.com/search/label/adwords_api
https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/community/

Jason f

May 14, 2019, 9:16:15 AM5/14/19
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi Dannison,

I am totally agree with you.
I think my question should be more specific.
I understand that we can get the retrieve the CustomerManagerLink object with CustomerManagerLinkService.GetCustomerManagerLink, but the issue is the how do we get the manager_link_id for the link between the client account and root mcc. I think this link was initialized between them while creating the client account from root mcc.
Is there way to retrieve the manager_link_id for this kind of link?

Thank you!

Regards,

Jason

googleadsapi...@google.com

May 14, 2019, 10:41:52 PM5/14/19
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi Jason,

Thank you for clarifying your concern. If your client account is not directly linked to the root MCC account, there will be no manager_link_id. The manager_link_id can only be retrieved with MCC accounts that are directly linked to their child accounts.

Hope this answers your concern.

Regards,
Dannison
Google Ads API Team

    https://ads-developers.googleblog.com/search/label/google_ads_api
    https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/community/

Was your question answered? Please rate your experience with us by taking a short survey.
If not -- reply to this email and tell us what else we can do to help.

Take Survey

http://googleadsdeveloper.blogspot.com/search/label/adwords_api
https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/community/

Jason f

May 15, 2019, 10:00:30 AM5/15/19
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi Dannison,

Thank you for the explanation.
My further question will be we have the client account directly linked to the root MCC account. How do we retrieve the manager_link_id from the root MCC account that linked to this client account?

Thank you!

Regards,

Wei

googleadsapi...@google.com

May 16, 2019, 3:11:34 AM5/16/19
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi Wei,

To retrieve the account linked to the root MCC along with the manager_link_id. Query the GoogleAdsService in the root manager account level to find the manager_link_id of the CustomerClientLink you created. You may refer to the sample GAQL below.

GAQL: SELECT customer_client_link.manager_link_id, customer_client_link.client_customer FROM customer_client_link

Regards,
Dannison
Google Ads API Team

    https://ads-developers.googleblog.com/search/label/google_ads_api
    https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/community/

Was your question answered? Please rate your experience with us by taking a short survey.
If not -- reply to this email and tell us what else we can do to help.

Take Survey

http://googleadsdeveloper.blogspot.com/search/label/adwords_api
https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/community/

Jason f

May 16, 2019, 10:01:27 AM5/16/19
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi Dannison,

Gotcha, the case is I am creating the client account from root MCC with the below example code:

try (CustomerServiceClient client =
googleAdsClient.getLatestVersion().createCustomerServiceClient()) {
CreateCustomerClientResponse response =
client.createCustomerClient(rootMcc, customer);

So the only thing I can get out of the response is the client resource name.
Or in another word, is there a way to get either manager_link_id  or CustomerClientLink with this approach?

Thank you!

Regards,

Wei

googleadsapi...@google.com

May 17, 2019, 1:43:05 AM5/17/19
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi Wei,

Instead of using the customer_client_link resource, what you can do is download the sample GAQL below in your client account to retrieve the manager_link_id. You will be able to retrieve the manager_link_id and the manager account id the account is connected to. Can you give this a try a let me know if this resolves your question?

GAQL: SELECT customer_manager_link.manager_customer, customer_manager_link.manager_link_id FROM customer_manager_link

Regards,
Dannison
Google Ads API Team

    https://ads-developers.googleblog.com/search/label/google_ads_api
    https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/community/

Was your question answered? Please rate your experience with us by taking a short survey.
If not -- reply to this email and tell us what else we can do to help.

Take Survey

http://googleadsdeveloper.blogspot.com/search/label/adwords_api
https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/community/

Jason f

May 20, 2019, 12:22:39 PM5/20/19
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi Dannison,

Thank you for the GAQL example.
I believe the GAQL will work, but currently I don't have the either customer_manager_link or customer_client_link.
So the only thing I can get after I created the client account from root MCC is the client resource.
And the criteria I can use for GAQL is the manager_customer.  Such as SELECT customer_manager_link.manager_customer, customer_manager_link.manager_link_id FROM customer_manager_link WHERE customer_manager_link.manager_customer ='Root MCC resource name'.
But I think we should use more precise condition to narrow down the result for the link between this specific client and root MCC since the root MCC can link to multiple client account.
Please advise more on this issue.

Thank you!

Regards,

Wei

Google Ads API Forum Advisor Prod

May 21, 2019, 3:55:58 AM5/21/19
to ghostwol...@gmail.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jason,

The query you provided is also correct. However, if you run the query on the client account level, it will already immediately retrieve the details between the current account and the associated manager account only. This will not retrieve other child account details of the MCC account. I suggest you run the query below on your client account to get the manager_link_id. From there, you should be able to move your client account to your new manager account by first sending an invite and accepted to the new manager account before cancelling the link between the old manager account.

GAQL: SELECT customer_manager_link.manager_customer, customer_manager_link.manager_link_id FROM customer_manager_link

Regards,
Dannison
Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5001UAptpZ:ref

Jason f

Jul 2, 2019, 10:35:47 AM7/2/19
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hello Dannison,

I was able to retrieve the manager_link_id with the GAQL query you provided.
But I think the solution to unlink client account from our master MCC and then create link between it and sub MCC may not work.
Because after we unlinked the client account, we will not able to manager our client account via the master MCC, which means when we sent the link request from sub MCC, we won't be able to accept the request via the API.
Do you have any other solution to move the client account to sub MCC with the google Ads API ?

Thank you!

Regards,

Wei

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum" group.

Google Ads API Forum Advisor Prod

Jul 3, 2019, 2:39:47 PM7/3/19
to ghostwol...@gmail.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jason,

Thank you for the detailed explanation. At any given time, the client account can only be linked to one MCC in the same hierarchy. It is not possible to unlink and link to the sub-MCC in the same hierarchy. You can always link the client account to another MCC in the different hierarchy. Please refer to this help center article which explains this in detail.

Let me know if you have any concerns.

Regards,
Bharani, Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5001UCadLq:ref