Ads with Ad Customizer are not serving

Kamil Grebeníček

Mar 25, 2015, 10:44:51 AM3/25/15
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

we recently implement Ad customizer feed over Adwords API. As I can see in Adwords web gui, feed items are correctly uploaded and all feed items are approved.

When we create text ads with links to the feed attributes, then the ad status is approved, but the ad is not showing, with reason shown in screenshot below. No character limit is exceeded.

When I try to edit the ad, then actual feed values can be selected from suggest pane as shown in screenshot below

The problem concerns only the feed created with Adwords API, when we upload feed items as csv file in Adwords web gui, then everything is working and ads with customizer are serving.

Where can be problem, can you help us please? Thank you for all suggestions.

Kamil

Kamil Grebeníček

Mar 25, 2015, 10:55:48 AM3/25/15
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Here are the screenshots. Our client ID is 880-520-5712.

Anash P. Oommen (AdWords API Team)

Mar 26, 2015, 4:09:06 PM3/26/15
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kamil,

Did you create a CustomerFeed for the Ad customizer feed you setup in the account level? That's a common thing that developers forget to setup in their code.

Cheers,
Anash P. Oommen,
AdWords API Advisor.

On Wednesday, March 25, 2015 at 10:44:51 AM UTC-4, Kamil Grebeníček wrote:
Hi,

we recently implement Ad customizer feed over Adwords API. As I can see in Adwords web gui, feed items are correctly uploaded and all feed items are approved.

When we create text ads with links to the feed attributes, then the ad status is approved, but the ad is not showing, with reason shown in screenshot below. No character limit is exceeded.

Kamil Grebeníček

Mar 27, 2015, 7:49:18 AM3/27/15
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
No, I did not. Now, when the CustomerFeed is created, ads are served correctly. Thank you very much.

s...@feedonomics.com

Nov 30, 2016, 10:07:31 AM11/30/16
to AdWords API Forum
How do we create a Customer Feed and associate/sync it with the Ad Customizer Feed? The closest example I saw was from here, but that's for a location extension. And just to confirm, a missing Customer Feed is the reason our ads are showing something like "Starting at {=customizerfeed.Price}" and failing to inject the values, correct?

Anash P. Oommen (AdWords API Team)

Nov 30, 2016, 4:07:30 PM11/30/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Sam,

You can find a guide here, and a PHP example here. And yes, if you don't have an ad customizer feed named "customizerfeed", the ad will just show up the placeholder as a text instead of doing any substitution.

Cheers,
Anash P. Oommen,
AdWords API Advisor.

s...@feedonomics.com

Dec 1, 2016, 11:49:26 AM12/1/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Anash,

Thanks for the help! We have our customizerfeed set up, and it is filled with feed items, but it's still showing the placeholders instead of the substitution. Any ideas? We still need a customer feed, in addition to the customizer feed right?

Anash P. Oommen (AdWords API Team)

Dec 1, 2016, 12:51:29 PM12/1/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Sam,

If you can share your Feed name and Customer ID by using the "Reply to Author" option, I can take a look.

Cheers
Anash P. Oommen,
AdWords API Advisor.