"Problem sending data to report download server" exception to Geo Performance Report request

andy.holl...@quanticmind.com

Sep 22, 2017, 2:20:17 AM9/22/17
to AdWords API Forum
We are receiving the below exception when requesting the Geo Performance Report for one of our customers accounts on a specific date.

com.google.api.ads.adwords.lib.utils.ReportException: Problem sending data to report download server.

The report definition is

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><reportDefinition xmlns:ns2="https://adwords.google.com/api/adwords/cm/v201609">
  <ns2:selector>
    <ns2:fields>Date</ns2:fields>
    <ns2:fields>CampaignId</ns2:fields>
    <ns2:fields>CampaignName</ns2:fields>
    <ns2:fields>AdGroupId</ns2:fields>
    <ns2:fields>AdGroupName</ns2:fields>
    <ns2:fields>LocationType</ns2:fields>
    <ns2:fields>MostSpecificCriteriaId</ns2:fields>
    <ns2:fields>CityCriteriaId</ns2:fields>
    <ns2:fields>MetroCriteriaId</ns2:fields>
    <ns2:fields>RegionCriteriaId</ns2:fields>
    <ns2:fields>CountryCriteriaId</ns2:fields>
    <ns2:fields>AdNetworkType2</ns2:fields>
    <ns2:fields>Impressions</ns2:fields>
    <ns2:fields>AveragePosition</ns2:fields>
    <ns2:fields>Clicks</ns2:fields>
    <ns2:fields>Device</ns2:fields>
    <ns2:fields>Conversions</ns2:fields>
    <ns2:fields>ConversionValue</ns2:fields>
    <ns2:fields>Cost</ns2:fields>
    <ns2:fields>AllConversions</ns2:fields>
    <ns2:fields>AllConversionValue</ns2:fields>
    <ns2:fields>CrossDeviceConversions</ns2:fields>
    <ns2:dateRange>
      <ns2:min>20170913</ns2:min>
      <ns2:max>20170913</ns2:max>
    </ns2:dateRange>
  </ns2:selector>
  <ns2:reportName>GoogleReport</ns2:reportName>
  <ns2:reportType>GEO_PERFORMANCE_REPORT</ns2:reportType>
  <ns2:dateRangeType>CUSTOM_DATE</ns2:dateRangeType>
  <ns2:downloadFormat>GZIPPED_CSV</ns2:downloadFormat>
</reportDefinition>

This is the only date for which this report fails for this specific customer's account. All other dates succeed for this account. And all other accounts for this customer succeed on this particular date.

Can we get more insight into what is causing the failure for this specific date?

Peter Oliquino

Sep 22, 2017, 3:37:45 AM9/22/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hi,

To better investigate your issue, could you provide your clientCustomerId? You may reply via the Reply privately to author option.

Best regards,
Peter
AdWords API Team

andy.holl...@quanticmind.com

Sep 22, 2017, 7:57:11 PM9/22/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Peter,

I sent you the clientCustomerId via private message. Please let me know if I can provide further information to help.

Thanks for looking into this. I look forward to hearing your findings.

Andy

Peter Oliquino

Sep 25, 2017, 2:08:51 AM9/25/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Andy,

Thanks for the information you sent and my apologies for the delayed response. I tried generating your report on my end using the same AdWords API version and report definition as yours and was able to replicate the issue. However, I was also still able to generate the report by adding a filter as seen in my sample AWQL below :

String query = "SELECT Date, CampaignId, CampaignName, AdGroupId, AdGroupName, LocationType, MostSpecificCriteriaId, CityCriteriaId, MetroCriteriaId, "
        + "RegionCriteriaId, CountryCriteriaId, AdNetworkType2, Impressions, AveragePosition, Clicks, Device, "
        + "Conversions, ConversionValue, Cost, AllConversions, AllConversionValue, CrossDeviceConversions FROM GEO_PERFORMANCE_REPORT "
        + "WHERE AdNetworkType2 IN [SEARCH] "
        + "DURING 20170913, 20170913";

This being said, the reason for the error might be due to the huge amount of data being downloaded, and as a workaround, you may further breakdown your report request as seen in my example. I hope this has been helpful.

Thanks and regards,
Peter
AdWords API Team