Two ways to get in-market category list: ConstantDataService.getUserInterestCriterion or the static file

Jianbo zhu

Apr 16, 2018, 3:00:36 PM4/16/18
to AdWords API Forum
Hi, AdWords Team,
We have a scenario to get the in-market category list from Adwords API. After investigation, we found there are two ways:
1. call ConstantDataService.getUserInterestCriterion service

So, the question is, how frequent does the in-market category list change? in the same adwords api version, is it possible the list will change?
Based on the answer, if the in-market category list does not change during one adwords api verion, I guess we prefer #2 because we need to upgrade the adwords api verion anyway. otherwise, we prefer to #1 because we can get the latest list automatically.

Thanks in advance:)

Thanks,
Jianbo

Vincent Racaza (AdWords API Team)

Apr 17, 2018, 1:08:23 AM4/17/18
to AdWords API Forum
HI Jianbo,

You can either use your option 1 (via ConstantDataService.getUserInterestCriterion()) or option 2 (via this table) as both options should have the same data at the same time. However for the timing of the updates for this list, we do not have a specific timing for this. You are also correct that the list does not necessarily have the same timing on the release of an API version. What you need to do is just to regularly check the list via your option 1 or 2.

Let me know if you have further clarifications.

Thanks,
Vincent
AdWords API Team

Jianbo zhu

Apr 17, 2018, 4:49:17 PM4/17/18
to adwordsapiad...@google.com, AdWords API Forum
Got it, thanks, Vincent!

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "AdWords API Forum" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/adwords-api/12b4d778-605c-47a2-85c5-fbab91cada96%40googlegroups.com.