Python 3 error after recent upgrade

Green Leaf

Jan 11, 2019, 6:00:57 AM1/11/19
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi

I'm currently upgrading to v201809. i'm using Python 3 and I'm getting the following error when running a test script:

ImportError: cannot import name 'izip' - Any thoughts on how I can get past this? Many thanks

Trackback looks like

C:\Users\Simon\Anaconda3\lib\site-packages\googleads\__init__.py in <module>()
     15 """A client library for Google's SOAP Ads APIs."""
     16
---> 17 from .ad_manager import AdManagerClient
     18 from .adwords import AdWordsClient

C:\Users\Simon\Anaconda3\lib\site-packages\googleads\ad_manager.py in <module>()
     26 import urllib.request, urllib.error, urllib.parse
     27 import pytz
---> 28 import googleads.common
     29 import googleads.errors
     30

C:\Users\Simon\Anaconda3\lib\site-packages\googleads\common.py in <module>()
     21 import inspect
     22 # from itertools import izip - https://stackoverflow.com/questions/50239706/cannot-import-name-izip
---> 23 from itertools import izip
     24 import locale
     25 import logging

ImportError: cannot import name 'izip'

Milind Sankeshware (AdWords API Team)

Jan 11, 2019, 11:59:03 AM1/11/19
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi Simon,

Looks like it is python library issue. Could you please post your concern in python client libraries issue tracker as the library owner is better equipped to address this issue? However, you could refer to this stack flow thread which might help you.

Thanks,
Milind, AdWords API Teamr