RateExceededError of TargetIdeaService

T.Motodate

Jul 28, 2016, 12:21:47 AM7/28/16
to AdWords API Forum
We're trying "TargetingIdeaService" under the Standard Access Level Account.
However, we got RateExceededError many times.

The same account also mutate Criteria's and AdGroup's MaxCpc Bidding.
We execute this operations over 10 thousands times per days,
however no errors occur because our account has the Standard Access Level.

So, I have some questions.

[1]
Whether the account has Standard Access Level, the Rate Limit of TargetingIdeaService is always applied?
Or, we needs other special Access permissions?

[2]
If we can't solve RateExceededError with any ways,
we have to follow the Rate Limit of "TargetingIdeaService".
How many queries can we execute per accesses?

Best Regards.

Joyce Lava

Jul 28, 2016, 4:26:48 AM7/28/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hi,

Please see the answers below in blue:

1. Whether the account has Standard Access Level, the Rate Limit of TargetingIdeaService is always applied? Or, we needs other special Access permissions?
Regardless of the access level, all AdWords API operations (e.g. TargetingIdeaService) are subject to system rate limits. Also, TargetingIdeaService has some limits as discussed here. You may check the recommended practices to avoid RateExceededError.

2. If we can't solve RateExceededError with any ways, we have to follow the Rate Limit of "TargetingIdeaService". How many queries can we execute per accesses?
In addition to #1, you may also check the Rate Sheet to determine how operations are being counted.

Thanks,
Joyce, AdWords API Team

T.Motodate

Jul 28, 2016, 8:11:11 PM7/28/16
to AdWords API Forum
Thank you very much, Joyce.

I understood the reason.
We'll try re-constructing our system according to the recommended practices you notified.

2016年7月28日木曜日 17時26分48秒 UTC+9 Joyce Lava:

Joyce Lava

Jul 28, 2016, 9:46:43 PM7/28/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hello,

Glad to hear that. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions and concerns while using AdWords API and we'll be happy to assist you.

Cheers,
Joyce, AdWords API Team