v201802 .NET Client Library Microsoft.Extensions.Configuration error

Vizergy

Mar 6, 2018, 4:50:54 PM3/6/18
to AdWords API Forum
Hello,

We attempted to upgrade to v201802 using the Ads API .NET Client Library (adwords_dotnet_lib_v23.1.0):

We were upgrading from v201708 (adwords_dotnet_lib_v22.1.1) because of the upcoming deprecation schedule and wanted to upgrade to the latest version but we received the below error that seems to be related to Google.Ads.Common:
Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Extensions.Configuration, Version=1.1.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=adb9793829ddae60' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

I see in v23.0.0 (at the above URL) that the Common library was updated with the below item:
Replaced System.Configuration with Microsoft Extension Configuration. Fixes issue #127.

We are using a .NET 4.5.2 console application and it appears that Microsoft.Extensions.Configuration may not be available in .NET 4.5.2.

Can anyone shed any light on this issue?  For the time being we went ahead and upgraded to v201710 (adwords_dotnet_lib_v22.4.0) to work around the issue and so we won't be impacted by the deprecation at the end of March.

Thank you.

Luis Xander Talag (AdWords API Team)

Mar 6, 2018, 10:11:52 PM3/6/18
to AdWords API Forum
Hi,

The issue you encountered seems to be more on the .Net client library. I would suggest to post your issue in this link as the client library owners are better equipped to assist you on this matter.

Thanks and regards,
Luis
AdWords API Team

Vizergy

Mar 7, 2018, 8:02:40 AM3/7/18
to AdWords API Forum
Thank you for the feedback.  I posted this issue at the link you provided.