GenerateForecastMetricsResponse doesn't include keyword forecasts

조회수 101회
읽지 않은 첫 메시지로 건너뛰기

quang...@gmail.com

읽지 않음,
2023. 6. 8. 오후 2:26:5723. 6. 8.
받는사람 Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum
There seems to be a bug introduced today on Google Ads API where  GenerateForecastMetricsResponse no longer includes the keyword forecasts even though the metrics appear on Google Ads UI.

Here's the request and response pair:
Request
-------
MethodName: google.ads.googleads.v13.services.KeywordPlanService/GenerateForecastMetrics
Endpoint: googleads.googleapis.com:443
Headers: {developer-token=REDACTED, login-customer-id=5828889023, x-goog-api-client=gl-java/1.8.0_362 gccl/25.0.0 gapic/25.0.0 gax/2.22.0 grpc/1.52.1 pb/3.21.12}
Body: keyword_plan: "customers/3434936860/keywordPlans/703345810"

Response
--------
Headers: Metadata(content-disposition=attachment,content-type=application/grpc,request-id=1JdLtC7JeDIpwG6xQ8lYsQ,date=Fri, 02 Jun 2023 18:34:00 GMT,alt-svc=h3=":443"; ma=2592000,h3-29=":443"; ma=2592000)
Body: campaign_forecasts {
  campaign_forecast {
    impressions: 1.2974386E7
    ctr: 0.07019002735614777
    average_cpc: 2995994
    clicks: 910672.5
    cost_micros: 2728369775049
  }
  keyword_plan_campaign: "customers/3434936860/keywordPlanCampaigns/652745698"
}

Google Ads UI.png

Patrick P

읽지 않음,
2023. 6. 9. 오후 12:37:4323. 6. 9.
받는사람 Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum

Bug was introduced on 6/1/23

Yesterday they updated their SDKs and removed the example for generating clicks/impressions. They did not include a new example using GenerateKeywordForecastMetrics() -- if you try to use GenerateKeywordForecastMetrics() by following their docs you will get the same blank response.

New SDK, now missing GenerateForecastMetrics.php instead of providing an updated one:

root@laravel-playground:/var/www/sdks/google-ads-php/examples/Planning# ls -lsahrt
total 56K
8.0K -rw-r--r--  1 root root 6.4K Jun  9 16:12 GetAdGroupCriterionCpcBidSimulations.php
 12K -rw-r--r--  1 root root 8.9K Jun  9 16:12 GenerateKeywordIdeas.php
 12K -rw-r--r--  1 root root  12K Jun  9 16:12 ForecastReach.php
 16K -rw-r--r--  1 root root  15K Jun  9 16:12 AddKeywordPlan.php
4.0K drwxr-xr-x  2 root root 4.0K Jun  9 16:12 .
4.0K drwxr-xr-x 21 root root 4.0K Jun  9 16:12 ..

No mention of GenerateKeywordForecastMetrics() anywhere now in the examples:

root@laravel-playground:/var/www/sdks/google-ads-php/examples/Planning# grep -Ri GenerateKeywordForecastMetrics *
root@laravel-playground:/var/www/sdks/google-ads-php/examples/Planning#

I engaged Google support and posted here about the same issue but I got a canned response from support & my post here was deleted

Not sure what's going on with this

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

읽지 않음,
2023. 6. 14. 오전 4:39:1923. 6. 14.
받는사람 quang...@gmail.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out to Google Ads API Support.

With regards to your concern, based on our Blog post KeywordPlanAdGroupForecast and KeywordPlanKeywordForecast will be deprecated in the Google Ads API. This change will be effective on June 1, 2023.

Starting June 1, the GenerateForecastMetricsRequest will still be used to fetch forecasts, but the KeywordPlanAdGroupForecast and KeywordPlanKeywordForecast will be empty. The KeywordPlanCampaignForecast will be returned as usual. If you are using KeywordPlanAdGroupForecast or KeywordPlanKeywordForecast in your applications, update your applications to ensure that they can handle blank responses.

If you have any additional questions, let us know.

This message is in relation to case "ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2mAxnJ:ref"

Thanks,

Google Logo Google Ads API Team

Mnk

읽지 않음,
2023. 6. 14. 오전 11:39:4823. 6. 14.
받는사람 Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum
New post with the same pb and same answer from Ads API team.... We wait from the 1st of June the "new official way" for make a forecast.

Patrick, I thought you found a way to do it right?

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

읽지 않음,
2023. 6. 15. 오전 5:11:2823. 6. 15.
받는사람 jpat...@gmail.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com

Hi Patrick,

Thank you for reaching out to Google Ads API Forum.

As per our Blog post (https://ads-developers.googleblog.com/2023/04/ad-group-and-keyword-forecasts-being.html) KeywordPlanAdGroupForecast and KeywordPlanKeywordForecast will be deprecated in the Google Ads API. This change will be effective on June 1, 2023.

Starting June 1, the GenerateForecastMetricsRequest will still be used to fetch forecasts, but the KeywordPlanAdGroupForecast and KeywordPlanKeywordForecast will be empty. The KeywordPlanCampaignForecast will be returned as usual. If you are using KeywordPlanAdGroupForecast or KeywordPlanKeywordForecast in your applications, update your applications to ensure that they can handle blank responses.

Can you try following this guide (https://developers.google.com/google-ads/api/docs/keyword-planning/generate-forecast-metrics) regarding Generating Forecast Metrics? Unfortunately there is no code example yet.

Let us know how it goes in your end.

This message is in relation to case "ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2mBJSG:ref"

Thanks,

Google Logo Google Ads API Team

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

읽지 않음,
2023. 6. 19. 오후 12:57:1623. 6. 19.
받는사람 mnk.lab...@gmail.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to Google Ads API Support.

With regards to your concern, I would suggest you upgrade to the newest version which is the v14, as it added KeywordPlanIdeaService.GenerateKeywordForecastMetrics to replace multiple methods removed in KeywordPlanService. This new method doesn’t require you to create a keyword plan first. You may check this blog post for more information.

Links included in this email:

전체답장
작성자에게 답글
전달