API responds with a keyword that does not exist in my campaign

Ricardo Buitrago

Aug 25, 2016, 3:12:15 PM8/25/16
to AdWords API Forum
Here's the petition:

cols = 'Criteria, Status'
report = 'KEYWORDS_PERFORMANCE_REPORT'
where_clause = 'CampaignId = 00000000 and Criteria IN [this is an inexistent keyword]'

Here´s the response:

[{u'keyword': u'this is an inexistent keyword ', u'keywordState': u'enabled'},
 {u'keyword': u'this is an inexistent keyword', u'keywordState': u'enabled'}]

Question:

I've tried searching for the keyword in question through the adwords interface many times. I also dumped an excel report to look for it in a CSV file to rule out browser issues, but the Keyword is nowhere to be found, it's simply not in my keyword list, however, the API responds as if the keyword exists in that campaign, with an enabled status.

¿Why could this be happening?

Thanks in advance

Anthony Madrigal

Aug 25, 2016, 3:19:32 PM8/25/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Ricardo,

I can further investigate this for you. To do so, could you please reply privately to author your
  • Full report definition
  • Keyword Ids that are showing this behavior
  • Campaign and/or ad group Ids where the keywords are
Thanks,
Anthony
AdWords API Team

Ricardo Buitrago

Aug 25, 2016, 3:44:10 PM8/25/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hello Anthony, thanks for your reply! Good news, I just found the cause for this seconds ago: the Keyword was part of the campaign at some point, but the Ad Group was removed months ago, so for that reason the Keyword wasn't appearing in my Keywords report at the interface. To see it, I went the Ad Groups tab in the interface, chose: "Show all ad groups", went back to Keywords, searched again and boom, there it was. Wow, I was going insane. Sigh.

Anthony Madrigal

Aug 25, 2016, 3:48:25 PM8/25/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hello,

It always seems to be the simplest things that cause the most frustration :) I am glad you were able to figure it out. Please let me know if you are facing any other API issues in the future.

Cheers,
Anthony
AdWords API Team