Adwords API Video campaigns

Vladan Markovic

Feb 24, 2016, 8:31:20 AM2/24/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hi,

I see there were some work on the Adwords API for the Video campaigns during last couple of versions.
Optimistically we updated API to latest version v201601 and started with long time anticipated upgrade of our software to support Youtube Video campaigns.

I am interested what is the status of Video campaigns API other then reports data, I cannot work with Video Campaign like normal campaign over CampaignService.

Our software have two parts, reporting and managing of campaigns.
With what we have so far from API, i can get report data, but i am having a really hard time getting to work anything else for managing campaigns.

Questions specifically:

1. Is it possible to pull Video Campaign data from CampaignService
2. Is it possible to see daily budget amount, budget period, and preferably Budget ID that is used by Video Campaign.
4. Is it possible to PAUSE / RESUME Video Campaign.

If answer is NO for previous questions, can anyone tell if this is something that Google Dev team is working on,
or Video Campaign report data is all we will get.

Thank You,
Vladan Markovic

Anthony Madrigal

Feb 24, 2016, 11:07:09 AM2/24/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Vladan,

Currently, AdWords API only supports reporting for video campaigns. You will not be able to get or mutate any video campaigns via CampaignService. You can use the Video Performance Report (and other reports) to get back stats on your video campaigns.

You could follow our blog regarding any announcements regarding this feature.

Regards,
Anthony
AdWords API Team

Elżbieta Jakubska

Jan 3, 2017, 10:16:36 AM1/3/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hi,

I would need to get the current list of video campaigns via API (only name, id, status). Is it possible to get it somehow, or only getting the report? I know that it's not possible by CampaignService currently? Do you know maybe when this will be possible with CampaignService like for other campaigns?

Thank you for your reply,
Best regards,
Elżbieta Jakubska

Vishal Vinayak (Adwords API Team)

Jan 3, 2017, 2:26:28 PM1/3/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Elżbieta,

Video campaigns are currently not supported by AdWords API services. You can, however, use the Video Performance Report to fetch aggregated data at the video level. Campaign specific information for video campaigns can be found in Campaign Performance Report. Please filter on the field AdvertisingChannelType in the report as follows:

AdvertisingChannelType = Video

Unfortunately, I do not have more information on whether or not video campaigns would be supported by CampaignService any time soon. Please follow our blog for future updates regarding this feature.

Regards,
Vishal, AdWords API Team

Filip Holmberg

Feb 27, 2017, 3:42:24 AM2/27/17
to AdWords API Forum
Any updates on this? Still not possible to pause & activate video campaigns.

Vishal Vinayak (Adwords API Team)

Feb 27, 2017, 10:17:41 AM2/27/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hi,

Unfortunately, video campaigns are still not supported by AdWords API services. Please follow our blog for any future updates regarding this feature.

Thorben Blank

Mar 2, 2017, 2:51:14 PM3/2/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hi,

so what should someone do who needs to automatically create YouTube-Adwords campaigns from his own web application?

I have a video creation software and want to enable customers to post ads with those videos. I can upload them to YouTube just fine, only creating the campaign now seems to be impossible.

Is there a workaround?

Regards, Thorben

Vishal Vinayak (Adwords API Team)

Mar 2, 2017, 4:29:28 PM3/2/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Thorben,

Unfortunately, the only way you can create video campaigns currently is via the AdWords web interface. Any updates or changes would be first announced on our blog.

Tom Huben

Jul 18, 2017, 3:02:43 PM7/18/17
to AdWords API Forum
I am very confused.... So i CANNOT create a video campaign ? i can see in the API the ability to use template Ads to create Trueview Instream video ads??? please advise..

I need to :
>> create a campaign, ad group, trueview video instream ad  via Google Adwords API

Shwetha Vastrad (AdWords API Team)

Jul 18, 2017, 4:06:33 PM7/18/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Tom,

Yes, its not possible to create or manage Video Campaigns via AdWords API. Video Campaigns are only supported in AdWords API reports at the moment. You can create In-stream video ads or TrueView in-search video ad in your Display network only campaigns using AdGroupAdService. You can follow this guide for more details on different Ad types and features available in AdWords API.

Regards,
Shwetha, AdWords API Team.

Tom Huben

Jul 18, 2017, 4:36:49 PM7/18/17
to AdWords API Forum
can i do this...create a video campaign and ad group via the web interface .... then create a In-stream video ads or TrueView in-search video ad
using the Adwords API???

Shwetha Vastrad (AdWords API Team)

Jul 18, 2017, 5:51:52 PM7/18/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Tom,

It is not possible to create Ads in a Video Campaign using AdWords API, even if you have already created the campaign and the adGroup in the AdWords UI. You can keep an eye on our blog for any updates or announcements about this feature.

Santhosh Nair

Aug 30, 2017, 5:07:23 AM8/30/17
to AdWords API Forum

Hello Adwords-API team,
    I understand you cannot manage video campaigns through AdwordsAPI.  I would like to create  a custom formatted video performance report with image (screengrab) of video Ad and the final URL (landing page URL). Could you suggest how I could achieve this with capabilities offered in AdWords API.

thanks,

Santhosh

Shwetha Vastrad (AdWords API Team)

Aug 30, 2017, 2:51:39 PM8/30/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Santhosh,

You can use Ad Performance Report to get the attributes and statistics of your Ads and Video Performance Report to get the attributes and statistics of Videos in your campaigns. You can use MediaService to retrieve the uploaded Videos in your AdWords account, including the VIDEO_THUMBNAIL url. The GetAllImagesAndVideos Java example shows how to retrieve all images and videos in an AdWords account. Example code in other languages is provided here.

Santhosh Nair

Aug 30, 2017, 5:12:18 PM8/30/17
to AdWords API Forum

  Hi Shweta,
    Thank you for the info. It appears the links you shared include information about most of the properties I am looking for.  I am still not sure how to get the urls (Display URL, finalURL) for  in-stream Ads . I am attaching an image of editor panel that shows Display URL & final URL, just to indicate the properties I am looking

thanks
Santhosh

Shwetha Vastrad (AdWords API Team)

Aug 30, 2017, 5:45:14 PM8/30/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Santhosh,

You need to include the DisplayUrl and CreativeFinalUrls fields in the report definition when you retrieve the Ad Performance Report to get the Display URL and Final Url respectively.

qambe...@gmail.com

Feb 19, 2018, 4:08:10 AM2/19/18
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Shwetha,

Hope you are fine and doing good,

Any update on this issue ?

Thanks.

Sreelakshmi Sasidharan (AdWords API Team)

Feb 19, 2018, 9:36:57 AM2/19/18
to AdWords API Forum
Hi,

Video campaigns are still not supported in the AdWords API except in the reports. We don't have any updates at the moment. If you haven't already, you could follow our blogs for updates and announcements about the future releases.

Thanks,
Sreelakshmi, AdWords API Team.

er...@exposebox.com

Mar 29, 2018, 4:34:36 AM3/29/18
to AdWords API Forum
So.... any news?

When will we be able to create video ads using Adwords API? is there any release date estimation for it?

Sreelakshmi Sasidharan (AdWords API Team)

Mar 29, 2018, 3:13:38 PM3/29/18
to AdWords API Forum
Hi,

Unfortunately, video campaigns are still supported only in reports via the API. I don't have a timeline for this to be available in the API.

Thanks,
Sreelakshmi, AdWords API Team

Estevo Paz

Jan 2, 2019, 1:03:47 PM1/2/19
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi, still not estimated date to can upload a video through API ?

Bharani Cherukuri (AdWords API Team)

Jan 2, 2019, 5:19:01 PM1/2/19
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hello Estevo,

Unfortunately, we do not have an estimated date of when this feature will be available. Please continue to follow our blog for any upcoming updates regarding this feature.

Thanks,
Bharani, AdWords API Team

Venkat

May 10, 2019, 5:23:23 AM5/10/19
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Any updates on this?

Thanks.
Message has been deleted

googleadsapi...@google.com

May 10, 2019, 6:47:49 AM5/10/19
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Venkat,

I'm afraid that video campaigns are still not supported in the AdWords API services to be created or maintained. As of now they are only available in the reports. You may continue to follow our blog for updates.

Best regards,
Peter
Google Ads API Team

    https://ads-developers.googleblog.com/search/label/google_ads_api
    https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/community/

Was your question answered? Please rate your experience with us by taking a short survey.
If not -- reply to this email and tell us what else we can do to help.

Take Survey

http://googleadsdeveloper.blogspot.com/search/label/adwords_api
https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/community/

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/adwords-api/bf40ce59-c903-4b42-9493-f5fcb4a63dac%40googlegroups.com.

Billy Philhower

Google Ads API Forum Advisor Prod

Aug 5, 2019, 1:31:53 AM8/5/19
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Billy,

We already raised a feature request to our engineering team so that managing of video campaign will be supported in AdWords API.

However, my apologies as I don't have a definite timeline on when this feature will be supported.

This said, please continue to follow our blog to receive future updates such as new releases.

Regards,
Ejay
Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5001UEHkhw:ref

Ryan Allan

Feb 12, 2020, 2:58:13 PM2/12/20
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi, any update on being able to mutate video campaigns via the API (e.g. change daily budgets, or max CPV)?

Google Ads API Forum Advisor Prod

Feb 13, 2020, 1:59:50 PM2/13/20
to verbme...@gmail.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com

Hi Ryan,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Currently, I can confirm that both AdWords and Google Ads API can only pull reports for video campaigns and are not able to mutate video campaigns. I suggest keeping an eye on our blog, where we will announce and keep you updated on the newest releases and updates. Let me know if you have further questions.

Thank you,
Bryan, Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5001UEHkhw:ref

Evan Futterman

Apr 20, 2020, 8:07:29 PM4/20/20
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum

Hello,

I've been digging into your API but just wanted to confirm. Are mutations of video campaigns still not supported?

Thank you

Google Ads API Forum Advisor Prod

Apr 21, 2020, 10:42:10 AM4/21/20
to zerosdo...@gmail.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com

Hi Evan,

Thanks for reaching out. Currently, I can confirm that both AdWords and Google Ads API can only pull reports for video campaigns and are not able to mutate video campaigns. I would recommend keeping an eye on our blog, where we will announce and keep you updated on the newest releases and updates. Let me know if you have further questions.

Thanks,
Nirmita Patel Google Ads Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5001UaRiaS:ref

Neil Leonard

Jul 11, 2020, 2:52:22 AM7/11/20
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi Ads Team,

Are reports for video campaigns still able to be pulled from Ads API?

This document says:
"The following campaign types are available in the UI but are not currently supported in the API:
Thanks
Neil

Google Ads API Forum Advisor Prod

Jul 13, 2020, 12:10:48 PM7/13/20
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Neil,

Thanks for reaching out. Video campaigns are supported only for reports and it is currently not possible to get via the API services. With this, you can use the Video Performance report to get data by videos in your campaign. If you want to get the video campaign, you can use the AdvertisingChannelType field in the Campaign Performance Report. You may refer to these samples on how to generate the API reports. There is already a feature request to support the Video Campaigns using CampaignService in the API. Please keep an eye on our blog for the new announcements and updates on the new release.

Let me know if you have any questions.