Different results in Web Interface and API

zinch...@seo-studio.ua

May 18, 2016, 9:12:06 AM5/18/16
to AdWords API Forum

I have a problem with getting some url data by API.

Web GUI (Screenshot.png) says that domain have 27 words (and download only it to CSV).

Targeting setting on GUI and by API is same (region, language and other),

but API returns 800 results for the example domain

One from 10 urls show by API (or web) not valid words and words amount.

Does anybody know why data is different fo some urls on web gui and api?

/* part of php code */

$relatedToUrlSP = new RelatedToUrlSearchParameter();

$relatedToUrlSP->urls = array($url);

$selector->searchParameters[] = $relatedToUrlSP;

/* end code */

Api result:

object(TargetingIdeaPage)#30 (2) {

["totalNumEntries"]=> int(800)

["entries"]=> array(800) {

[0]=> object(TargetingIdea)#27 (1) {

["data"]=> array(3) { ....

Screenshot.png

Joyce Lava

May 18, 2016, 12:26:10 PM5/18/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hi,

Could you please confirm if you set the NetworkSearchParameter as "targetGoogleSearch"?

If you confirmed you added it, please Reply Privately to Author the SOAP request and response.

Thanks,
Joyce, AdWords API Team

Michael Cloonan (AdWords API Team)

May 19, 2016, 11:19:04 AM5/19/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hello,

We have heard reports of this issue in the past, where there is seemingly no way to get the API results from the TargetingIdeaService to match the results you get when using the web interface. I have contacted our engineering team who should hopefully be able to take a look soon and help us determine whether this is expected, and how to avoid it.

Regards,
Mike, AdWords API Team

zinch...@seo-studio.ua

Jun 23, 2016, 3:01:04 AM6/23/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hello.

Is there any news about this issue?

Michael Cloonan (AdWords API Team)

Jun 23, 2016, 9:33:14 AM6/23/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hello,

I apologize about the lack of updates. The engineering team is still gathering information to determine the cause of the discrepancies. Unfortunately, this was a lower priority than some other items that have been ongoing, but I have contacted them again to let them know that you have been waiting for a response for some time now.

Regards,
Mike, AdWords API Team

Leandro Pessoa

Jul 14, 2016, 3:46:12 PM7/14/16
to AdWords API Forum
There's some news about this issue?

Michael Cloonan (AdWords API Team)

Jul 15, 2016, 9:04:14 AM7/15/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hello,

The good news is that engineering has confirmed that they see the issue and are beginning to look into it. Unfortunately, I don't actually have anything more than that to share. I will update this post when I do, although there is no specific timeframe I can give for when that update will be available.

Regards,
Mike, AdWords API Team

zinch...@seo-studio.ua

Sep 15, 2016, 9:25:00 AM9/15/16

Michael Cloonan (AdWords API Team)

Sep 15, 2016, 10:14:20 AM9/15/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hello,

I apologize for the very slow turnaround on this issue. I have escalated internally again as much as I am able to, so hopefully someone will take a serious look soon. Until then, unfortunately, I have nothing more to share.

Regards,
Mike, AdWords API Team

Владислав Соколенко

Oct 13, 2016, 9:27:40 AM10/13/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hello.

Can you tell me, is problem solved or not?

четверг, 15 сентября 2016 г., 17:14:20 UTC+3 пользователь Michael Cloonan (AdWords API Team) написал:
Hello,

Michael Cloonan (AdWords API Team)

Oct 13, 2016, 10:44:49 AM10/13/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hello,

Not yet. The engineering team is still investigating. I will update here as I have more to share.

Regards,
Mike, AdWords API Team

Владислав Соколенко

Feb 10, 2017, 4:06:16 AM2/10/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hi!

Michael, soon we will be celebrating 1 year since we wrote about the problem. It's very sad because this problem does not allow us to work normally with forecasts.
Please, tell us about the proggress in solving this problem?