[Google Ads API Beta] Proto definitions for latest releases

Menno

Nov 12, 2018, 4:14:52 AM11/12/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi,

The proto definitions for the Google Ads API at https://github.com/googleapis/googleapis/tree/master/google/ads/googleads are not updated in the last 4 months.
Releases 0.3.0, 0.4.0 and 0.5.0 are missing. Can you update the proto definitions at GitHub, and add this to the release process for upcoming releases?

Thanks,
Menno

John

Aug 26, 2019, 7:25:26 PM8/26/19
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
The proto files for version v2_1 of the Google Ads API Beta are missing in the googleapis github repository.
Can someone update the proto definitions at GitHub?

Google Ads API Forum Advisor Prod

Aug 27, 2019, 2:07:57 PM8/27/19
to does...@gmail.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hello John,

You could use the protocol buffers from here. Since V2_1 is a minor release, you can use the Protocol buffers from V2 folder in that link.

Regards,
Sai Teja, Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5001UHEkaK:ref

John

Aug 28, 2019, 6:04:48 AM8/28/19
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
With a client build with the v2_0 proto files the new fields introduced in v2_1 are not available. I'd like to use these new fields of CustomerClient:

Added time_zone, test_account, manager, descriptive_name, currency_code, and id to CustomerClient to make it easier to retrieve customers in an account hierarchy.

Google Ads API Forum Advisor Prod

Aug 28, 2019, 10:41:47 AM8/28/19
to does...@gmail.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hello John,

The new fields that are made available for CustomerClient can be accessible via the Customer_Client resource instead. You could use a GAQL resource query with the help of Interactive Query builder to fetch data for those fields. Also, you have to update to the latest client library v2_1 if not yet updated. For example latest version of Java library can be found here other client libraries can be found here. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

John

Aug 28, 2019, 11:41:09 AM8/28/19
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum

To develop in a programming language without an official client library, refer to the API Concepts Guide and consult these protocol buffer definitions as a reference when constructing API requests.

I'd like to use the Google Ads API in NodeJS, and I was able to do this with the protocol buffer definitions published on GitHub. These files are outdated, and the code that is generated with these files doesn't include the new fields. I suppose that the official client libraries are also based on these proto files, so publishing the updated files to GitHub shouldn't be too hard.

Regards,
John

Google Ads API Forum Advisor Prod

Sep 5, 2019, 9:50:23 AM9/5/19
to does...@gmail.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi John,

Thanks for your patience here. We've updated the protocol buffer definitions for v2 on GitHub to be current with the v2_1 release of the Google Ads API beta.

Please let us know if you have any issues with them

- Adam. Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5001UHEkaK:ref

John

Sep 6, 2019, 3:54:52 AM9/6/19
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Thanks, the new fields of CustomerClient now work with my client.