My Interview to Doordarshan News Vartavali

Jaishankar Narayanan

Jan 14, 2023, 11:06:07 PM1/14/23
to adva...@googlegroups.com, adva...@lists.advaita-vedanta.org
Namaste,

I was interviewed in DD News Vartavali Sanksrit Programme recently. I have discussed about Veda and Science in this interview which will be of interest to thod group.

With love and prayers,
Jaishankar

putran M

Jan 15, 2023, 12:22:59 AM1/15/23
to adva...@googlegroups.com
Namaskaram Jaishankar-ji,

Initially I was awestruck that Doordarshan had a dedicated Sanskrit news programme with anchors speaking the language fluently (albeit the bare forehead of the man stood out to my prejudices). But yes after listening to your talk, the distinction you make between Veda and Science, that Veda is its own pramana whose knowledge cannot be definitely concluded upon through the methods of science based on perception and inference (even if we excuse the philosophies of science that negate pramanatvam of pratyaksha as well) and yet can be deemed guiding axioms for science, that explanation stood out as particularly significant (especially for Indians/Hindus when they seek to conflate Vedanta and modern science).

thollmelukaalkizhu

Jaishankar Narayanan

Jan 15, 2023, 4:43:31 AM1/15/23
to adva...@googlegroups.com
Dear Thollmelukaalkizhu ji,

The DD Sanskrit programme is very good for beginners to pick up the language. They use simple language and also display subtitles.

The anchor was in western suit but spoke Sanskrit and I was in traditional attire with all religious symbols but spoke English :-)

With love and prayers,
Jaishankar

S Venkatraman

Jan 15, 2023, 7:14:57 AM1/15/23
to adva...@googlegroups.com
Namaste Jaishankarji,

I would like to listen to the program. What DD Channel airs the Sanskrit program and when? Would be grateful if you could let me have this information. Many thanks and regards,

Venkat

Sent from my iPhone

Jaishankar Narayanan

Jan 15, 2023, 7:23:24 AM1/15/23
to adva...@googlegroups.com
Namaste Venkat ji,

You can see on YouTube by searching for DD News Vaartavali.

The past videos are in this playlist

With love and prayers,
Jaishankar

sunil bhattacharjya

Jan 16, 2023, 3:16:31 AM1/16/23
to adva...@googlegroups.com, adva...@lists.advaita-vedanta.org
Namaste Jaishankarji,

It was very nice to hear your very interesting talk and the listeners have marvelled at your life history and becoming an advaitin through the great teacher Swami Dayananda Saraswati ji. Many years ago, I had the opportunity of hearing Swamiji, addressing a group, and he bagan his talk about how to control one's anger. At first he showed that one cannot become angry how-much-ever one wishes / tries, unless one gets provoked. Thus he showed that the best way to control anger is not to get provoked, the provocations being  an external entity. His presentation was wonderful. I am sure you did not get tied up by marriage, before meeting Swamiji.

Here, kindly permit me to address our friend Bhaskarji also, who felt as if the married life was a sort of obstacle for spiritual life. I don't think so. Brahmarshi Vasishtha was a married man so was the sage Yajnavalkya and marriage need not be a hurdle in spiritual life. The householder's also have great responsibilities in worldly life and the scriptures also held the married life in very high esteem.

JAi Shri Krishnajiki
Sunil K.Bhattacharjya