yogAsudhAkara - samAdhi pAda pArAyaNam.

Venkatraghavan S

May 21, 2021, 2:16:29 PM5/21/21
to A discussion group for Advaita Vedanta, adva...@googlegroups.com
Namaste,

Sri Sadashiva Brahmendral was one of the greatest jivanmukta-s of recent times. YogasudhAkara, the commentary on the yoga sUtra-s of patanjali, integrates advaita teaching within the practices of yoga. Today being Sri Brahmendra's ArAdhana, the first chapter of yogasudhAkara, the samAdhi pAda is being read in this video.

Regards,
Venkatraghavan

Subu S

May 21, 2021, 11:43:52 PM5/21/21
to A discussion group for Advaita Vedanta, adva...@googlegroups.com
Ji
Namasthe
Great to see and hear you
Would there be some meanings / explanations added at some place , esp for the ppl like me who can't understand such Sanskrit texts directly
I listened to your reading for approx 20 min only, so bear with me IF I missed something
regards
Subu

Aravinda Rao

May 21, 2021, 11:54:53 PM5/21/21
to adva...@googlegroups.com, A discussion group for Advaita Vedanta
Wonderful. Please complete the audio book. It will be a great resource for mananam.
Regards,
Aravinda Rao

Venkatraghavan S

May 22, 2021, 3:49:34 AM5/22/21
to Sri Advait, adva...@googlegroups.com
Namaste,

I am not sure of a transliteration (ie the Sanskrit text in English script).

There is a book containing the import in English, available at Sri Sadashiva Brahmendral's adhiShThAnam in Nerur, Tamil Nadu. Photo of the cover attached.

Kind regards,
Venkatraghavan

On Sat, 22 May 2021, 02:20 Sri Advait, <sriad...@gmail.com> wrote:
Namaskaram Venkatraghavan
Thank you for this notification. Was wondering whether you have come across an English transliteration, along with a detailed commentary of this book Yogasudhakara. Grateful for any guidance from you.

Best Regards
Sridhar

Begin forwarded message:

From: Venkatraghavan S via Advaita-l <adva...@lists.advaita-vedanta.org>
Date: 22 May 2021 at 4:35:36 am AEST
To: A discussion group for Advaita Vedanta <adva...@lists.advaita-vedanta.org>, adva...@googlegroups.com
Cc: Venkatraghavan S <agni...@gmail.com>
Subject: [Advaita-l] yogAsudhAkara - samAdhi pAda pArAyaNam.

Namaste,
IMG_20210522_084619.jpg

Venkatraghavan S

May 22, 2021, 3:57:04 AM5/22/21
to adva...@googlegroups.com, A discussion group for Advaita Vedanta
Not yet sir. I wanted to record a video in time for the ArAdhana day and entering subtitles/ translation would have taken quite a bit of time - as we had Shankara Jayanti, Sri vidyAraNya jayanti and Sri Brahmendral's ArAdhana in quick succession, didn't have much time.

I provided the details of an English commentary on the work available at the Sadguru's adhiShThAnam in an earlier email.

Regards
Venkatraghavan

Venkatraghavan S

May 22, 2021, 6:07:48 AM5/22/21
to adva...@googlegroups.com, A discussion group for Advaita Vedanta
Yes sir, hope to do so.

Regards,
Venkatraghavan

Subu S

May 22, 2021, 9:04:37 PM5/22/21
to adva...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Shri Venkatraghavan ji
When you add the meaning please add my direct e mail to the notification because I may miss some mail here in the list

regards
Subu