Bhagavati Uma in Advaita ~ A Tattvika Insight

V Subrahmanian

Dec 31, 2022, 4:28:09 AM12/31/22
to A discussion group for Advaita Vedanta, Advaitin
A post and Video by Sri Natraj Maneshinde

Bhagavati Uma in Advaita ~ A Tattvika Insight
Here is a humble effort in presenting a brief discussion on the Tattva of Bhagavati Uma in Advaita Sampradaya.  The talk is mainly based on the Kenopanishad bhashya of Bhagavatpada Shankaracharya and the tika of Shri Anandagiri Acharya. On going through the evidences discussed here, I hope we will get a better understanding of how Advaitian Acharyas envisioned Bhagavati Uma and also understand the reason behind the prevalence of Devi-worship in the Advaita Sampradaya.
The slides can be accessed from this link :
https://adbhutam.files.wordpress.com/2022/12/bhagavati-uma-in-advaita-1.pdf

Interested folks can also read the following document which gives a more comprehensive discussion on Bhagavati Uma based on the works of Bhagavatpada, Anandagiri Acharya, Shankaranada Saraswati ji, Vidyaranya Mahaswamiji and Sayanacharya :
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1al0GRbL36B8hzU2NJuY-YFvxzz1FAJ83/view?usp=sharing

I hope this video would be of some benefit to the aspirants of Advaita 🙏🏻
॥ पराचितिस्वरूपिणि जय जय जगज्जननि ॥
॥ भव शंकर देशिक मे शरणम् ॥