Advaita in Sikhism

V Subrahmanian

Nov 20, 2021, 9:18:32 PM11/20/21
to A discussion group for Advaita Vedanta, Advaitin

sunil bhattacharjya

Nov 20, 2021, 11:14:19 PM11/20/21
to adva...@googlegroups.com
Namaste,

Guru Nanakji was believed to be descendent of one son of Lord Ram  and Guru Govind Singhji was descendent of Lord Ram's  other son. Lord Ram gave the Advaita lessons to Hanumanji, as shown in the Adhyatma Ramayana. To my understanding, the Sikh gurus also follow the Advaita teachings.

My 2 cents
skb

Vinodh

Nov 21, 2021, 12:24:21 AM11/21/21
to adva...@googlegroups.com, A discussion group for Advaita Vedanta
Namaskaram

I did not know anything about Sikh philosophy. The resemblance with Advaita is striking. The examples of rope being mistaken for a snake as well ornaments made of gold not being different from it especially stand out.

It is as if it is direct descendent from Vedanta. Therefore what Sri Sunil ji says could very well be the case.

Thank you for sharing. 🙏

mangesh.hoskote

Nov 21, 2021, 5:32:57 PM11/21/21
to advaitin
Namaste,

Here are two more links that highlight Sikh philosophy and Vedas:

Excellent talk by Dr Kapil Kapoor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWrl_dC954g

Thakur Jan Hari

Aug 2, 2022, 9:40:47 PM8/2/22
to advaitin
Namaste & Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh,

Talking of Advaita and Sikh Philosophy, I have composed an article covering a Traditional interpretation of a prevalent verse from the Tenth Sikh Guru's works used by some to create the idea that the Tenth Master is slandering Devi Devtas, This publication of mine also shows the Non-Duality within the Sikh Tradition and Gurbani.

Here is the Link - https://link.medium.com/n0DPgP3absb

I am currently attempting to comment upon the 20th Verse of Bhagavan Bhashyakara's Brahmjnanavalimala 'Brahm Satyam Jagat Mithya Jivo Brahmaiva Naparaha' from a Sikh perspective using the works of the Sikh Gurus (Gurbani). I will make sure to share the link upon completing.