Fwd: {भारतीयविद्वत्परिषत्} Brahmasutra App with Shankara Bhashya

V Subrahmanian

Apr 1, 2023, 10:57:47 AM4/1/23
to A discussion group for Advaita Vedanta, Advaitin
While there is the Advaita Sharada resource that covers the Brahmasutra Bhashya too, with search facility, I am not sure what extra this App offers.

subbu

Apr 1, 2023, 11:08:23 AM4/1/23
to adva...@googlegroups.com, A discussion group for Advaita Vedanta
Namaste Subbuji,

On Sat, Apr 1, 2023 at 8:27 PM V Subrahmanian <v.subra...@gmail.com> wrote:
While there is the Advaita Sharada resource that covers the Brahmasutra Bhashya too, with search facility, I am not sure what extra this App offers.

The mobile apps have their own benefits. Personally, for me:
1) It doesn't need internet (undeniably useful, esp when travelling).
2) The formatting is easier to chant mUla.
3) It is easier to step through or browse through bhAShya on a specific sUtra (or shloka in Gita app)

Although not an exact comparison, netbanking is already in place, but mobile banking is very useful, many times, more!

Kind rgds,
--Praveen R. Bhat
/* येनेदं सर्वं विजानाति, तं केन विजानीयात्। Through what should one know That, owing to which all this is known! [Br.Up. 4.5.15] */

V Subrahmanian

Apr 2, 2023, 9:49:12 AM4/2/23
to Advaitin, A discussion group for Advaita Vedanta
Thanks Praveen Ji and Vishwanath Ji for your response and assurance.

 I downloaded the app and entered मायामयं and did not get any result. I tried this same word in Advaita sharada and got one result:
Please see highlighted word.

ब्रह्मसूत्रभाष्यम्प्रथमोऽध्यायःप्रथमः पादः सूत्रम् २० - भाष्यम्

………गमयति । यत्तूक्तं हिरण्यश्मश्रुत्वादिरूपवत्त्वश्रवणं परमेश्वरे नोपपद्यत इति, अत्र ब्रूमः — स्यात्परमेश्वरस्यापीच्छावशान्मायामयं रूपं

Despite the searched word being a part of a sandhi the result showed it.

After this I checked again twice in the App and still no result was shown.

Is there any reason for this?

warm regards

subbu

H S Chandramouli

Apr 2, 2023, 10:26:17 AM4/2/23
to adva...@googlegroups.com
Namaste.

You could check for  मायामय  instead of मायामयं.

Regards