Fwd: [Advaita-l] Vichara Sagara Classes in English

Praveen R. Bhat

Aug 31, 2020, 8:25:09 AM8/31/20
to adva...@googlegroups.com
Since the moved Advaitin group is accessible to me now, updating here as well...

Nov 9, 2020, 9:44:45 PM11/9/20
to A discussion group for Advaita Vedanta, adva...@googlegroups.com
Namaste,

Out of seven, the fourth taranga (chapter) of Vicharasagara was completed today. All the 86 classes along with on-screen book can be followed on http://bit.ly/vicharasagara

Sudhakar Kabra

Nov 10, 2020, 9:08:57 AM11/10/20
to adva...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Praveen ji.
Very nice to watch.

S.Kabra

.

Aravinda Rao

Nov 10, 2020, 10:52:16 AM11/10/20
to adva...@googlegroups.com
Namaste Praveen Bhat ji,
Great work. I am very happy that technology is bringing out good teachers, providing great opportunities to students.
Regards,
Aravinda Rao

Praveen R. Bhat

Nov 11, 2020, 12:42:31 PM11/11/20
to adva...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Sudhakarji and Aravinda ji,

Aravinda ji, as for the technology, I started teaching bhAShya while at Gurukula to two co-students, who had to leave mid-way, on phone and Whatsapp before more bandwidth became available. It has been Ishvara's anugraha driving all the way!

Kind rgds,

--Praveen R. Bhat
/* येनेदं सर्वं विजानाति, तं केन विजानीयात्। Through what should one know That owing to which all this is known! [Br.Up. 4.5.15] */

sunil bhattacharjya

Nov 11, 2020, 5:54:00 PM11/11/20
to adva...@googlegroups.com
Dear Psaveenji,

You are doing a great job in great detail. Shri Nischaladasji was a great person and he wrote a great book. I understand that he was so interested in learning the Advaita Vedanta that he,  like the mahaveer Karna of Mahabharata,  went to his guru in Kashi, under a pseudonym. He had to reveal his real (vyavaharika) identity, only when his guru offered a brahmin girl to him to  marry. His Guru got annoyed, of course, but he did not give him a devastating curse, like Karna's guru gave the one to Karna.

Regards,
Sunil K. Bhattacharjya

Praveen R. Bhat

Dec 26, 2020, 10:19:04 PM12/26/20
to A discussion group for Advaita Vedanta, adva...@googlegroups.com
Namaste,

We completed 108 pAThas of Vicharasagara with TipaNNa today. Their recordings can be found on https://bit.ly/vicharasagara  along with the onscreen book.

Kind rgds,

Praveen R. Bhat

Dec 26, 2020, 10:20:29 PM12/26/20
to A discussion group for Advaita Vedanta, adva...@googlegroups.com
Correction: with TippaNa

Kind rgds,
--Praveen R. Bhat
/* येनेदं सर्वं विजानाति, तं केन विजानीयात्। Through what should one know That owing to which all this is known! [Br.Up. 4.5.15] */

Praveen R. Bhat

Jan 17, 2021, 3:51:10 AM1/17/21
to A discussion group for Advaita Vedanta, adva...@googlegroups.com
Namaste,

We just completed the 5th taranga (chapter) of Vicharasagara today in 122 classes. Their recordings can be found on https://bit.ly/vicharasagara  along with the onscreen book.

gurupAdukAbhyAm,

Praveen R. Bhat

Apr 16, 2021, 9:51:58 PM4/16/21
to A discussion group for Advaita Vedanta, adva...@googlegroups.com
Namaste,

The 6th taranga (chapter) of Vicharasagara was covered in 174 classes. Their recording of these live classes is archived on YT at https://bit.ly/vicharasagara along with the onscreen book. The 7th and the last taranga will continue live as usual.

Praveen R. Bhat

Apr 16, 2021, 9:57:35 PM4/16/21
to A discussion group for Advaita Vedanta, adva...@googlegroups.com
Correcting oversight errors:
#Upto the 6th chapter...
#The recording of these live classes...

Kind rgds,

--Praveen R. Bhat
/* येनेदं सर्वं विजानाति, तं केन विजानीयात्। Through what should one know That owing to which all this is known! [Br.Up. 4.5.15] */

Praveen R. Bhat

May 15, 2021, 10:17:06 PM5/15/21
to A discussion group for Advaita Vedanta, adva...@googlegroups.com
Namaste,

There was a sUkShma saMkalpa of being able to complete Vicharasagara before Shankarajayanti and with Ishvara's anugraha, it has been possible. Today, we completed Samskrita-Vicharasagara-pATha along with elaborate TippANa. This prakaraNagrantha lives up to its name of being a sAgara of vichAra, without leaving a single topic of interest to any mumukShu, so much so that if I have to recommend a single work to study to any kind of adhikArI, it would be Vicharasagara!

The recordings of these 191 classes conducted live with the onscreen book are available at https://bit.ly/vicharasagara.

gurupAdukAbhyAm,
--Praveen R. Bhat
/* येनेदं सर्वं विजानाति, तं केन विजानीयात्। Through what should one know That, owing to which all this is known! [Br.Up. 4.5.15] */

V Subrahmanian

May 15, 2021, 11:59:12 PM5/15/21
to adva...@googlegroups.com, A discussion group for Advaita Vedanta
Dear Praveen ji,  this is a mammoth accomplishment undoubtedly.  It will be a veritable authentic resource to the seeker.

Thanks for doing this.

regards
subbu

Prasad

May 16, 2021, 1:32:32 AM5/16/21
to adva...@googlegroups.com, A discussion group for Advaita Vedanta
Thanks a lot Praveen Bhat ji. This is a treasure.

- Prasad

Chittaranjan Naik

May 16, 2021, 2:20:18 AM5/16/21
to advaitin
Dear Sri Praveen-ji,

This is a monumental achievement.

Surely the Grace of Ishvara has inspired you and been with you to undertake and complete such a project.  I am sure it will be of help to many seekers in the years to come.

Warm regards,
Chittaranjan