Honoring Subbhuji

Kuntimaddi Sadananda

Jul 3, 2022, 7:43:25 AM7/3/22
to Advaitin, adviata-l
PraNAms

Saw this on Facebook.

Happy to share - the honor given to our Subbuji. I have learned a lot from him. Met him personally in Bangalore many years ago.

Hari Om!
Sadananda
----------------------
Delighted to know that Sri Subrahmanian Vaidyanathan sir was conferred the Jagadguru Bharati Teertha Puraskar blessed by Sringeri Jagadguru Sri Vidhushekhara Bharati Maha Swamigal last Sunday along with a few other awardees. I know him as a noble soul, a great scholar of Shastras who teaches many Advaita Vedanta texts to sincere students. His active blog https://adbhutam.wordpress.com is a veritable treasure house of information and guidance - a resource which I keep referring all the time. His FB posts and discussions in groups like Bharatiya Vidvat Parishat are enlightening and educative. He patiently answers all the questions posed to him, including the simplest ones.

N V Vathsan

Jul 3, 2022, 8:00:26 AM7/3/22
to adva...@googlegroups.com
Hearty congratulations !

Praveen R. Bhat

Jul 3, 2022, 8:10:04 AM7/3/22
to adva...@googlegroups.com, Advaita-l
Congratulations, Subbuji,

A well-deserved honour, indeed. Your patient, detail-oriented approach and guidance in live and online classes, mailing lists, blogs, and WA groups are well-known and inspiration to many of us.

Kind rgds,
--Praveen R. Bhat
/* येनेदं सर्वं विजानाति, तं केन विजानीयात्। Through what should one know That, owing to which all this is known! [Br.Up. 4.5.15] */

Venkatraghavan S

Jul 3, 2022, 8:14:54 AM7/3/22
to Advaitin, Advaita-l
I second everything Shri Praveen ji has said. Very well deserved honour sir.

Regards
Venkatraghavan S

Vinodh

Jul 3, 2022, 8:44:18 AM7/3/22
to adva...@googlegroups.com
Very nice to hear this news!

I have learnt a lot from all the posts and clarifications from subbuji and am deeply thankful to him 🙏

suresh srinivasamurthy

Jul 3, 2022, 7:39:27 PM7/3/22
to adva...@googlegroups.com
Thanks very much for sharing this Great news! It is indeed a well-deserved honor.
I have learnt a lot from Subbu-ji's posts and was blessed to have his darshan at
his residence in Bangalore, many years ago.

Congratulations and sAshTAnga praNams to Sri Subbuji!

Namaste,
Suresh

Jul 3, 2022, 8:31:55 PM7/3/22
to adva...@googlegroups.com
Namaskaram,

I told Chitta-ji in a private mail 3 months back: "Subbu-ji is practically the only reason the group appears to have close-to-daily participation; maybe he does this like some sort of karma yoga :)" He is one of the constant stalwarts from the time I joined (late 2006).

thollmelukaalkizhu

skbhattacharjya

Jul 4, 2022, 1:02:22 AM7/4/22
to advaitin
Thanks for sharing this great news. My hearty congratulations to Subbuji.

Regards,
Sunil K. Bhattacharjya

Aravinda Rao

Jul 4, 2022, 1:09:52 AM7/4/22
to Advaitin
Congratulations to Subrahmanian ji, for the commendation received from the peethadhipati.
Regards,
Aravinda Rao

Chittaranjan Naik

Jul 4, 2022, 2:36:15 AM7/4/22
to advaitin
Dear Sri Subbu-ji,

Congratulations on being conferred with this esteemed honor by the Sringeri Swamiji!

Though we may have had some differences in the past with respect to the interpretation of the Siddhanta - and I believe some of these differences still persist - it doesn't prevent me from respecting your point of view or from admiring your resourcefulness and your inimitable efforts in spreading the message of Advaita and its finer details on innumerable forums. The honor is well deserved. And it was a pleasure meeting you in Udupi in the year 2020 and in having a few interesting conversations including the conversation we had on the Udupi Railway Platform. :-)

Warm regards,
Chittaranjan

V Subrahmanian

Jul 4, 2022, 4:11:55 AM7/4/22
to Advaitin
Dear Sri Chitaa ji,

Thank you for your kind words.

I cherish the memory of our Udupi meeting and the time spent at the Railway station.

I thank all our friends who have expressed their best wishes.

warm regards
subbu

Raman.M

Jul 4, 2022, 4:17:35 AM7/4/22
to adva...@googlegroups.com, adviata-l

Namaste,

Very happy to hear this honour. Congratulations mahodaya: and may you be the inspiration for all of us.

Warm regards

Raman

Bhaskar YR

Jul 4, 2022, 5:05:22 AM7/4/22
to adva...@googlegroups.com

praNAms Sri Subbu prabhuji

Hare Krishna

nanna hrutpurvaka namanagaLu haagu Shubha haaraikegaLu.  Bhagavati vAgdeviya krupaa kataakha nimma mele sadaa erali.  shAradA, chandramouLishwara, sadgurugala anugrahadinda aayussu, aarogya, adhyAtmika sampattu saMpUrNavaagi vruddhiyaagali endu praarthisuttene.

Like many others, I too had the good fortune to meet Sri Subbu prabhuji in Chamrajpet here in Bengaluru, more than decade back (though I have ample opportunities to meet him personally whenever I want as I am also staying in Bengaluru, so far I have met him only once), during our brief interaction (definitely not about vedAnta 😊 I realized that he is not just an armchair philosopher he is literally living sanyasi samAna jeevana dedicating his full time in adhyayana, mananAdi  adhyAtmika sAdhana.  With my very little knowledge in shankarAdvaita I used to vehemently argue with him in lists but deepest in my heart I always have utmost respect to him.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!

Bhaskar YR

Raghav Kumar

Jul 4, 2022, 5:28:49 AM7/4/22
to adva...@googlegroups.com
Namaste Subbu ji
I am very happy to learn about your being conferred the puraskAra by the respected peeThAdhipati of Sringeri Sri Sharada Peetham.

I am particularly grateful for your lucid posts which embody great clarity and tease out the nuances of many questions about the vastu.

My prayers to Ishvara for your welfare in all respects.

Om
Raghav

Madathil Nair

Jul 4, 2022, 2:02:20 PM7/4/22
to 'Kuntimaddi Sadananda' via advaitin
Namaste Advaitins.

Congratulations to Subbuji.

I too had had the great privilege of meeting Subbuji and spending some precious moments with him in Bangalore several years ago.

God bless him and grant him many many years of scholarly work in propagating advaita.

Pranams.

Madathil Nair

dwa...@advaita.org.uk

Jul 5, 2022, 4:16:05 AM7/5/22
to adva...@googlegroups.com

Allow me to add my congratulations to Subbu-ji! I am very ignorant about the organizations and dignitaries responsible for the official dissemination of Advaita in India but the award sounds important and must certainly be merited. I have over 32,000 references to him on my computer alone, stretching back to the year 2000 (probably only exceeded by Sada-ji at nearly 40,000!).

Subbu’s knowledge about everything Advaita-related seems almost endless and his enthusiasm for sharing this seems boundless. My thanks to him for help in the past and best wishes for all his endeavors in the future.

Dennis

Jul 5, 2022, 7:01:02 AM7/5/22
to adva...@googlegroups.com
Namaste and thank you for sharing this news. Apart from being a pandita and a brahmanishtha, he was humble enough to even assist me in my doctoral thesis without the slightest hesitation. Such a worthy honour given to him and I hope he continues to inspire me and many more people to follow his footsteps.

Warmest Regards,
Kathirasan K

Indian Rediff

Jul 5, 2022, 8:57:50 PM7/5/22
to adva...@googlegroups.com
Hari Om,

Very wonderful to hear about the award to the esteemed Prabhuji, who has been (as has already been observed) single-handedly keeping this list alive, relevant and focused on Advaita. My pranaams and namaskarams.

Sincerely,
Sai

Ramakrishna Upadrasta

Jul 6, 2022, 12:16:32 AM7/6/22
to adva...@googlegroups.com
namaste to All,

This is indeed a highly joyful news for all the advata and shaastra lists followers (the Advaita-L list, the former advaitin-yahoo-groups, the bvparishad, and the current list).

In receiving the puraskaara from the Jagadgurus, Brahma Shri Subbu-ji is following the footsteps of His Pujya Guruji Brahma Shri Jivanmukta Shri D. S. Subbaramaiaya Garu in his adherence to the Sringeri Parampara.

I too have had the honor of darshan of Brahma Shri-Subbu-ji sometime back in sringeri itself. His brahmaniShTha, shaastra-niShTha, guru-parampara-niShTha, guru-bhakti are well known, along with his compassion, timely advice and blessings that have continuously been there for many many saadhakas at various stages.

saaShTaang praNAmaH to Brahma Shri Subbu-ji and His pUjya guruji and His guru-parampara.

namaste
Ramakrishna

Ramakrishna Upadrasta

Subu S

Jul 7, 2022, 7:20:22 AM7/7/22
to adva...@googlegroups.com
Namasthe everyone
When it is difficult to get people's help for small errands or tasks, and equally difficult to get their minimal worldly knowledge (also called Tips or hacks , where many a time you pay for worthless advise), we have Shri Subbu Ji who has been showering unparalleled advaitik wisdom on us, free and open to all !
Pranams to you sir
I have NOT had the good fortune of meeting  you, so seek your blessings from afar
regards
Subramaniam