A short term course on Indian Epistemoloy i.e pramana shastra

V Subrahmanian

Aug 26, 2020, 12:39:25 AM8/26/20
to A discussion group for Advaita Vedanta, adva...@googlegroups.com
Vidwan Viranarayana Pandurangi's message:

Good morning to everyone. We have invited applications for a short term course on Indian Epistemoloy i.e pramana shastra.  Candidates interested in knowing pramanas, but not able to spend two years or 3 years for that will be benefitted very much with this course.  This is a short term course only for three months with two hrs class in a week. No external exam for this course. Only continuous assessment will be done. All the content related to pramanas such as their definitions, classifications and difference of opinion in different darshanas  will be taught in a lucid way with not stressing much on textual reading. Instead of that we will go by content. The main course instructor will be me and I will be assisted by my Dept. staff. Anyone interested can log in to our website www.ksu.ac.in and fill the online application form. This message can be forwarded to your friends' circle.

regards
subbu

Jayaram Thiagarajan

Aug 27, 2020, 9:20:11 AM8/27/20
to adva...@googlegroups.com, A discussion group for Advaita Vedanta
Subrahmaniam Ji,

Is this course suitable for people that have basic SamskRtam knowledge only? I am unable to find the link to apply, on the www.ksu.ac.in website. Could you please provide guidance on how to navigate to it?

Thank you,
Jayaram Thiagarajan

Sent from my iPhone

V Subrahmanian

Aug 27, 2020, 10:03:04 AM8/27/20
On Thu, Aug 27, 2020 at 6:50 PM 'Jayaram Thiagarajan' via advaitin <adva...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Subrahmaniam Ji,

Is this course suitable for people that have basic SamskRtam knowledge only? I am unable to find the link to apply, on the www.ksu.ac.in website. Could you please provide guidance on how to navigate to it?

This is the link for the course details. I think even if one does not have basic Sanskrit knowledge, if the cost is not high, it is worth taking the course.

regards
subbu

[...]

Jayaram Thiagarajan

Aug 27, 2020, 10:47:36 AM8/27/20
to adva...@googlegroups.com, A discussion group for Advaita Vedanta
Subrahmaniam Ji,

Thank you. That helps. I can’t seem to find out how much the course costs - even when I go through the online application process. Perhaps I have to actually apply to receive that communication. Will give it a shot. Thank you for the quick response.

Thanks,
Jayaram Thiagarajan

Sent from my iPhone

Aruna E S

Aug 28, 2020, 1:33:00 AM8/28/20
to adva...@googlegroups.com, A discussion group for Advaita Vedanta
Namaste Jayaram ji

THe prospectus says that the course fee is Rs 3000.

Regards
Aruna