Clarion call of a SAGE

sreenivasa murthy

May 21, 2023, 11:44:09 PM5/21/23
to A discussion group for Advaita Vedanta, Advaitin
Dear friends,

A Sage of the 20th century reveals :

Upanishads declare with one voice that truth and reality combined in one, can be intuited in one’s own self when one transcends both the senses and mind. This intuition of the Self is universal ( sArvatrika ), for as Shankara says, everyone is conscious of one’s own existence and can never conceive the opposite. And this Self is the Reality. Again this intuition is limited neither  by time nor by space for both of these belong to the region of the non-Self( anAtma ) and are conceivable only by the empirical ‘me’ which again pre-supposes the True Self.

             The latter can be

                   neither affirmed nor doubted,

                   neither proved nor disproved to

                               exist,

                   neither accepted nor rejected,

                   neither experienced as an object nor

                               thought away,

                                      for

It is prius which supplies the very ground of these   thought-processes.

                                    THE END

May The Indwelling Reality bless all the sincere mumukshus
with the realization of this paramArthasatya in their hearts.

With respectful pranams,
Sreenivasa Murthy

sunil bhattacharjya

May 22, 2023, 1:12:15 PM5/22/23
to adva...@googlegroups.com, A discussion group for Advaita Vedanta
Dear friends,

When we quote a verse from the texts like the Bhagavad Gita, it is generally understood, as to  who was the speaker, addressing whom, where and when/under what situation etc. In case of quoting a sage of the 20th century I guess it will help most of the readers, if the name of the speaker, and the name of the text etc. are also mentioned.

My 2 cents
Sunil KB

Bhaskar YR

May 22, 2023, 11:43:33 PM5/22/23
to adva...@googlegroups.com, A discussion group for Advaita Vedanta

praNAms

Hare Krishna

Perhaps he is referring to Sri SSS.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!

bhaskar

skbhattacharjya

May 24, 2023, 4:57:46 AM5/24/23
to advaitin
Dear Bhaskarji,

If that is so, he would have surely replied. Anyway Shri SSS is a great person. Among the scholars of the 20th century Shri SSS seems to be the one who probably could guess correctly that Vacaspati Mishra was not a 100% -  yes-man of Adi Shankara. He lived some centuries after Adi Shankara. Had he been a 100% Shankarite, he would not have had views different from that of Vivarana. Don't you also agree?

My 2 cents,
Sunil KB