Advaita Sadhana in Pictures

Ekam One

Dec 21, 2020, 11:35:27 AM12/21/20
to advaitin
Might be helpful to some of the novices here.  A very good document with pictorial representation of Advaita sadhana was forwarded to me recently.

This may not be accurate representation.  However, I found this quite helpful. We need more of these, to make Advaita Sadhana easily understandable, with help of modern tools.

(Authors unknown. Sharing  it, with thanks to the Unknown authors).

Regards
Ekam
Advaita in pictures.pdf

dwa...@advaita.org.uk

Dec 22, 2020, 6:59:03 AM12/22/20
to adva...@googlegroups.com

Hi Ekam,

I’ve always found graphics and pictures to be of little value in conveying the teaching of Advaita, often in fact giving rise to more confusion. But I must say that, having looked through these, I am very impressed! Clearly a lot of effort has gone into condensing down some basic concepts into these diagrams and I agree that many may find them very helpful. Thanks for sharing! With your permission, I will make it available for download from Advaita Vision. Pity we cannot thank the author directly.

Best wishes,

Dennis

Aravinda Rao

Dec 22, 2020, 8:49:29 AM12/22/20
to adva...@googlegroups.com
Commendable. Your apparently irreverent questions, quite often misunderstood, have resulted in a very impressive and professional presentation.
If permitted I will share by appending your name (tragically unknown).
Aravinda Rao

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Aravinda Rao

Dec 22, 2020, 7:22:21 PM12/22/20
to adva...@googlegroups.com
Very nice to hear that you are following Sarvapriyananda. You may also see Tadatmananda, who makes good presentation, though the content remains the same.
Aravinda Rao

On Wed, Dec 23, 2020, 05:07 Ekam One <quad.4...@gmail.com> wrote:
Sir,

These pictures were not made by me. They were forwarded to me in a Whatsapp group, already in an anonymous form.

BTW, i attribute the seeming irreverence of my questions to lack of proficiency in Vedantic language. Not to the commitment nor intent. (I am improving everyday!) I sincerely hope pictures and presentations such as this, would make Vedanta less cryptic and easily appreciable for "outsiders", like me.

I have now locked myself into Swami Sarvapriayananda Maharaj and with his grace started making  progress. I thank this group to for helping to turn my initial curiosity into a sustainable commitment.

Regards
Ekam

Raman.M

Dec 23, 2020, 3:21:23 AM12/23/20
to adva...@googlegroups.com

thanks for sharing this document.

what is the sanskrit equivalent of memory being referred here under internal organs.

Is it antahkarnam? are they the same?

thanks

Might be helpful to some of the novices here.  A very good document with pictorial representation of Advaita sadhana was forwarded to me recently.

Kuntimaddi Sadananda

Dec 23, 2020, 8:13:05 AM12/23/20
to adva...@googlegroups.com
Ekam - PraNAms

It is very nice to know that you found your guru. It is said that 1. being born as a human being 2) desire for liberation and 3) association with a great soul - these three, in that order, are difficult to get and one gets them only due to the grace of God - from Vivekachudamani.

Wish you all the best.

Hari Om!
Sadananda

On Tuesday, December 22, 2020, 06:37:34 PM EST, Ekam One <quad.4...@gmail.com> wrote:

Sir,

These pictures were not made by me. They were forwarded to me in a Whatsapp group, already in an anonymous form.

BTW, i attribute the seeming irreverence of my questions to lack of proficiency in Vedantic language. Not to the commitment nor intent. (I am improving everyday!) I sincerely hope pictures and presentations such as this, would make Vedanta less cryptic and easily appreciable for "outsiders", like me.

I have now locked myself into Swami Sarvapriayananda Maharaj and with his grace started making  progress. I thank this group to for helping to turn my initial curiosity into a sustainable commitment.

Regards
Ekam

Dr. B. Joshi

Dec 23, 2020, 8:32:33 AM12/23/20
to adva...@googlegroups.com

Sang Kona

Dec 23, 2020, 1:41:20 PM12/23/20
to adva...@googlegroups.com
Hari Om,

FYI: All these pictures are from http://explorevedanta.com/vedanta-in-pictures/ web site.

sunil bhattacharjya

Dec 23, 2020, 2:47:25 PM12/23/20
to adva...@googlegroups.com
Dear friend,

Is it not possible to have these 93 pictures in full size?

Sincerely Sunil K. Bhattacharjya

sunil bhattacharjya

Dec 23, 2020, 2:50:25 PM12/23/20
to adva...@googlegroups.com
Sorry there was a typo. Please read as 48 and not 93.
Sunil KB

Sang Kona

Dec 23, 2020, 6:15:32 PM12/23/20
to adva...@googlegroups.com
Hari Om Sunil-ji,

The only way is to select each image, right click and then save the image. Do this for all the images. Unfortunately this is the only way.
Some images are big and some small, so the size will be the same as the original.
Without the website owners permission, I don't like to collect them and distribute them.

Message has been deleted