Fwd: New event for Adirondack Mountain Club » Genesee Valley Chapter : Cascade/ Pitchoff Trip

Larry Telle (gmail)

Jul 28, 2021, 8:19:46 PM7/28/21
to adk-gvc...@googlegroups.com, Lois Dannenberg, Miller, Jim
Hi fellow hikers and campers,
We have a camping/hiking weekend in the Lake Placid area coming up next month. This is a great way to get introduced to the Adirondack peaks and/or to add to you 46 list.
Larry

An event has been submitted to Adirondack Mountain Club >> Genesee Valley Chapter.
Cascade/ Pitchoff Trip
Date Friday, August 27, 2021
Time 10:00 am – 10:10 am EDT
Where Wilmington Notch Campground
Region Adirondacks - High Peaks
Type Chapter Outings
Activity Outing
Posted by Genesee Valley Chapter
Trip rating B
Leader Lois Dannenberg
Contact Phone 5855278624
Contact Email ldannen...@gmail.com
Description

This is a two night camping trip at Wilmington Notch campgrounds. We will be hiking up to Cascade and Porter High Peaks, plus a side trip to Pitchoff peak and Balanced Boulders. We will meet at Bushnell Basin Park and Ride at 10:00am to carpool to the campground.

Geoff Peters

Jul 28, 2021, 9:10:10 PM7/28/21
to adk-gvc...@googlegroups.com
Hello Larry,
Although I am a member of the ADK, I am a very infrequent participant in activities or meetings. I have joined you for a number of Sunday hikes in the past, and I remain an active hiker; I am in  pretty good shape and hike every day on trails for 2-3 miles…Mccords woods section of Crescent Trail and Powdermill mainly. If I wanted to join you on this trip on August 27, should I reintroduce myself to you via a Sunday hike so as to reestablish your comfort level that I am a suitable participant in this trip?
Please advise.
Geoff Peters
Gwpe...@me.com

Sent from my iPad

--
Get the latest hike schedule and last minute changes on our website at:
"https://adk-gvc.org/play/hiking/"

Larry Telle (gmail)

Jul 28, 2021, 10:20:57 PM7/28/21
to 'Geoff Peters' via ADK-GVC Trails, Lois Dannenberg
Hi Geoff,
Thank you for your interest. I'm not the leader of this trip. The leader is listed in the description below and you should contact Lois for her assessment. I  have included her email in a copy of this email. Good Luck!
Larry