Upcoming courses on Adaptive Management?

emma

May 25, 2022, 5:26:03 AM5/25/22
to Adaptive Development | #AdaptDev
Hi all,

In the last couple of years there have been some wonderful documents and guides on adaptive management (e.g. from Abt, Pact, Christian Aid), but I've not come across any courses.

Does anyone know of any upcoming courses on adaptive management?

If not, has anyone picked up any interest for something similar?

Thanks!
Emma

Adam Kessler

May 25, 2022, 5:45:38 AM5/25/22
to Adaptive Development | #AdaptDev
Hi all,

We run a course on results measurement for adaptive management - see https://devlearn.co.uk/online-training/. The next course will be in October or November 2022, and you can sign up to the waiting list to get an alert when registration is opened.

We also run a course on market systems development, which has quite close links with the adaptive management community. See https://devlearn.co.uk/market-systems/.

Both courses are online, have been running since 2015, and are designed for an online environment - please check them out :)

Adam

Adam Kessler
Results Measurement Consultant
Email: ad...@kessler.co.uk
Skype:
a.p.kessler

Laure-Hélène Piron

May 25, 2022, 2:43:13 PM5/25/22
to emma, Adaptive Development | #AdaptDev

Hi Emma

We run a political economy in action course, which covers adaptive management and other ways to ‘think and working politically’ (TWP). It’s run jointly by The Policy Practice and ODI.

The next online course starts in September 2022 over 10 sessions. There’s a discount if you apply before the end of June or for groups https://thepolicypractice.com/our-online-and-face-face-training. Please contact trai...@thepolicypractice.com for more information.

We also do tailored short courses or facilitation / accompaniment during programme implementation, including on adaptive management and TWP. I’m happy to speak to you or others about this.

Best wishes

Laure-Hélène

Laure-Hélène Piron

Director

The Policy Practice Ltd

Signal/WhatsApp: +44 7890976212

Twitter: @lhpiron

http://www.thepolicypractice.com

ithorpe

May 25, 2022, 5:11:54 PM5/25/22
to Adaptive Development | #AdaptDev
Hi all

We have a free self-paced online course "Introduction to thinking and working politically"  which might be of interest: https://agora.unicef.org/course/info.php?id=29664

Best regards

Ian Thorpe
Chief, Organizational Learning and Knowledge Management
UNICEF

Marina Apgar

May 26, 2022, 3:09:03 AM5/26/22
to em...@hellobrink.co, Adaptive Development | #AdaptDev
Hi Emma and all,

We run a five day professional development course on participatory and complexity aware monitoring and evaluation - we don’t cover all areas of AM but if you are interested in design of learning infrastructures and use of plural forms of evidence for learning then it would be an interesting course. We share several examples from our own work on large adaptive and participatory programs.  Please get in touch if you have any questions!

Marina Apgar
Institute of Development Studies

Sent from my iPhone

On 25 May 2022, at 22:12, ithorpe <ith...@unicef.org> wrote:

Hi all

Ajoy Datta

May 31, 2022, 6:56:30 AM5/31/22
to Adaptive Development | #AdaptDev
Hi Emma, if adaptive management is about working with teams, their dynamics, thinking about how that's shaped by the nature of the work and the broader context, then you might be interested in courses offered by the Institute of Group Analysis and the Tavistock Institute of Human Relations

Ajoy Datta
Consultant
organisational change | influencing policy | knowledge systems

Read my latest articles on organisational development, influencing policy, collaboration and more.

Emma Proud

Jun 1, 2022, 5:26:22 AM6/1/22
to Ajoy Datta, Adaptive Development | #AdaptDev
Hi all,

Thanks for the excellent suggestions for courses. The main areas are TWP and MELA which is great to know.

Thanks again!

Warmly,
Emma

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Adaptive Development | #AdaptDev" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/adaptdev/dd11eab5-65ff-44c4-bd99-a08b50e12d52n%40googlegroups.com.

--
Emma Proud
Head of Learning and Adapting, Brink

@emmaproud

I work Mondays - Thursday from Kigali. I'm usually online 7am - 4.30pm UK time (although let me know if that doesn't work and I can be flexible!)

Our latest thinking on Behavioural Innovation on the blog
We are hiring! For more details and to apply, head to our careers page