Problem on API call?

Hien Do

Mar 7, 2021, 11:02:14 PM3/7/21
to Accelo Developers
Hello Team,

Today we experienced a problem while calling the API and I see that the cause is some extra elements have been added in the root of the response message when I turned to the next page of the GET.

Here is example, when I get the milestones from the page 0, the response message is started with "response" which it's OK, but from the page 2 (see the screenshot down below) the response message is started with "meta"

Could you please assist me in resolving this issue?

image.png

image (1).png

Ella Hansen

Mar 8, 2021, 2:20:48 PM3/8/21
to accel...@googlegroups.com
Hi Hien!

Did you check the full response? I've noticed that the JSON elements are not sorted in the response, so it's possible that the "meta"; {"message":... element was present in the first response as well but just happened to be after the "response": {... element in the JSON payload.

Ella Hansen // they, them, theirs

Schedule a meeting:

remote desktop session

video call
onsite visit

Tech support:

415.854.0881
sup...@ignitionit.com
Luvvv us? Yelp us! ❤️

On Sun, Mar 7, 2021 at 8:02 PM Hien Do <hi...@prentow.com> wrote:
Warning: This is the first time you've received a message from hi...@prentow.com. Make sure you trust this sender.

Joshua (Windos) King

Mar 8, 2021, 3:54:02 PM3/8/21
to accel...@googlegroups.com
This is exactly the case, all responses (that I'm aware of) have meta and response elements but they aren't ordered so you cannot rely on the order, instead you need to dive into the desired element by name.

In PowerShell that looks a little like:

$ContactResponse = Invoke-RestMethod -Uri ($Uri -f $Page) -Method Get -Headers $Headers
ContactResponse.Response