Getting your first share

John Morra

Apr 6, 2021, 7:15:58 AM4/6/21
to Dividend Investing for U.S. Investors
Hi
I used temper of the times to get my first share in a handfull of companies.  Any idea how to do this now that they are closing?  By the way I am in Canada so something like Robinhood will not work.

George L Smyth

Apr 6, 2021, 7:28:35 AM4/6/21
to USD...@googlegroups.com
I hadn't heard that they were closing, but it makes sense. The last time I looked at their website it didn't point me to an easy way to make a purchase. With discount brokers doing the same thing cheaper it makes sense.

I hope that there is a replacement for Canadians, and if you find one then please let me know so that I can publicize it.

Cheers

george

On Tue, Apr 6, 2021, 7:15 AM John Morra <john....@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi
I used temper of the times to get my first share in a handfull of companies.  Any idea how to do this now that they are closing?  By the way I am in Canada so something like Robinhood will not work.

John Morra

Apr 6, 2021, 8:35:15 AM4/6/21
to Dividend Investing for U.S. Investors
from the website

Dear DRIP Investors,

We have been helping people enroll in DRIPs since 1986. Many of our subscribers have written to express their thanks and describe the outcome of their DRIP investments. It has been a source of pride and our great pleasure to have assisted in your efforts to secure financial security.

However, after 35 years we have decided to stop fulfilling orders for enrollments after the March cycle. Moneypaper, via the directinvesting.com website, will continue to provide information about DRIPs and the enrollment process.

As always, good luck,

Vita Nelson

George L Smyth

Apr 6, 2021, 9:38:26 AM4/6/21
to USD...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, just saw that. Too bad, but inevitable.

Cheers

george

John Morra

Apr 6, 2021, 11:02:59 AM4/6/21
to USD...@googlegroups.com
does moneypaper mail paper certificate.

john

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Dividend Investing for U.S. Investors" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/USDRiPs/CAMvndjYmd0msc6NoSmHph%3D3VTQnciOpYBHt7dGPpxRdOy7LdEw%40mail.gmail.com.