TABLE MOUNTAIN TRAILERS Next run Sat 8th June 2019 - Silvermine North Gate 1

Felicity Garbers

Jun 2, 2019, 11:07:32 AM6/2/19
to tmtra...@googlegroups.com
Hi Trailers

This week we return to Silvermine North (the side where the dam is) - Note the later start time of 8.15am - the Winter opening time of the gate is 8am.

Route
Gentle uphill warm-up along the Riverwalk. The faster group will head right at the MTB car park to head up the ridge towards Elephants Eye. The Medium group will follow the zig zags up to Blackburn viewpoint before being joined by the Fasts and taking the rocky route up to the Panorama path, or short-cutting along the jeep track. After Noordhoek Peak we connect back with the jeep track for a short distance and then follow the single track down to the dam and back down the Riverwalk or road to the car park.

Terrain and Distance
Mostly single track with a few short sections of jeep track in between.
Distance about 10-13kms, taking about 2h30, depending on short cuts.

There will be a relaxed group

Rendezvous and Start Time
Entrance Fee:  R31 unless you can produce a Wild Card or MyGreen card.
Meet at the lower Silvermine car park (first on the left after passing through the gate) at 08h00 in time to start running at  08h15Please remember there is little or no signal there so we won’t get any ‘I’m on my way’ type messages.
Coming from Tokai, it's the first entrance to Silvermine on the right. Turn immediately left into the car park after you've paid at the boom.

What to bring
Water, whistle, warm, wind or waterproof top. ICE details and a silver blanket just in case.
Sorry-no dogs

Neil and Felicity
083 775 2150

K-Way VOB's Medium Distance Trail Group
Website: http://www.acsisvob.co.za/ <http://www.acsisvob.co.za/
Blog: http://vobtrailwrg.blogspot.com/ <http://vobtrailwrg.blogspot.com/
WarningTrail running is inherently more dangerous than road running.  It takes place over uneven hazard strewn trails in exposed and often remote terrain where help is not always readily available.
Participation is voluntary and entirely at your own risk as although the organizers take reasonable precautions to ensure runner safety, it cannot be guaranteed.  To this end neither the Club nor the organisers personally can be held liable for any claims relating to inter alia, injuries, disabilities and death.
 Further any minor child participating in any trail running activity will be deemed to be doing so with the consent of his or her guardian.
By starting out on a trail run you explicitly acknowledge that: 1] you understand the associated risks involved and accept full responsibility for your own safety. 2] you are medically and physically fit to participate and 3] are carrying the necessary water, clothing and safety equipment required for the particular run.

Felicity Garbers

Jun 7, 2019, 3:14:59 AM6/7/19
to tmtra...@googlegroups.com
Morning Trailers

[...]

[...]