TABLE MOUNTAIN TRAILERS - SATURDAY 1 JULY 2023 - SILVERMINE

Lorraine Nevin

Jun 26, 2023, 1:31:37 AM6/26/23
to Tmtrailers
Hi Trailers!

It's more than 6 months since we ran one of our Silvermine favourites, Three Lookouts and a Peak, so it's high time we took ourselves back there for a trot.

Route

Starting at the car park nearest to the dam*, we'll head towards the fire lookout over Tokai, meander towards Blackburn lookout and complete the circular route via Noordhoek Peak to the Noordhoek lookout. There are options to include the Panorama path, the Crassula Path, divert to Elephant's Eye Cave and/or extend the distance with a jog down the River Walk.

Rendezvous and Start Time

The main gate - the one with the SANParks checkpoint - opens at 7am so please make your way to the car park at the dam* (not the one immediately to the left as you come through the gate). Be ready to start running at 7:30am.

NB: There is no cellphone signal in Silvermine so if you are running late, there is no way to let us know. Don't be late!

Entry fee to Silvermine is still amazing value at R38 per adult. Please bring your ID book to prove you are a SA national. Alternatively, buy a MyGreen card at the Tokai SANParks office this week, or carry your Wild card.

Terrain and Distance

Single track, jeep track, and a little bit of rock hopping. Depending on the group you join and the whim of the day, you'll run somewhere between 8 and 12km.

Groups

There will definitely be a relaxed group, hopefully a faster group and possibly a walking group - all to be confirmed on Friday.

Please bring:

A whistle, water, a warm & waterproof/windproof top, space blanket and ICE (In  Case of Emergency) tag or card.

Unfortunately we do not welcome dogs on our runs.

See you there!

Lorraine
0725750914

Lorraine Nevin

Jun 30, 2023, 2:59:24 AM6/30/23
to Tmtrailers
Hi Everyone!

Our run is on tomorrow and the weather looks fine, albeit chilly. :)

Two important corrections to Monday's email:

1. The Silvermine gate only opens at 8 in winter so please all enjoy an extra few minutes in bed tomorrow, but be sure to be in the queue to enter the reserve in good time. There can be quite a queue by 8am and there is no signal to let us know you are queueing. My advice is to get there at 7.45 at the very latest. (Whatsapp me before 7.30 if you feel the need!)

2. The entry fee has gone up to R44 - or bring your MyGreen or Wild card.

There are rumblings of a walking group. Please let me know if you are keen or check in with the Whatsapp Walking group.

See you at the DAM CARPARK ready to run at 8.15am.

Lorraine
072 575 0914