Table Mountain Trailers - Saturday 14 January 2023

Lorraine Nevin

Jan 9, 2023, 2:00:49 AM1/9/23
to Tmtrailers
Hi Trailers!

Happy new year to you all!

This weeks sortie will be the Llandudno/Sandy Bay route.

Starting at 6am at Eustacia Way.

Full details to follow on Friday.

Lorraine
0725750914

Sent from Outlook for iOS

Lorraine Nevin

Jan 13, 2023, 12:22:28 AM1/13/23
to Tmtrailers
Sandy Bay Map-709568.jpg

Good Friday Trailers!

Hope you've had a great holiday break and are feeling ready to run into 2023 with renewed energy.

Route

For our first run of the year, we'll do our usual Llandudno/Sandy Bay route.

The route starts with a short uphill on the brick paved road, then down to the beach and proceed onto Llandudno .  We then backtrack to Sandy Bay, enjoy the views and head southwards along the shoreline to OudeSchip Peninsula. You can spot the shipwreck Harvest Capella (1986).  We'll then tackle the steep climb on gabion steps up to Rocket (Mitchells) Road.  Once on the gravel road, we run until we take the left fork at the stone cairn and head back towards our cars.

Please remember that for safety reasons, this is a pack run.  We will run in different speed groups, but we will all regroup at the rocks at the end of Llandudno, and then again on the beach at Sandy Bay before heading onto the rocky shoreline.   Within your speed group, you will need to be sure that if you come to a turn, that the runner behind you has seen which way you go.

Terrain and Distance

The terrain will include beach sand, jeep track (stony), single track, boulder-hopping and some steps to get the heart rate pumping.

Distance in the region of 11,5  km, with an estimated time of 2,5 hours, plus more to enjoy the view

Rendezvous and Start Time

Meet at the brick-paved parking on Eustagia Way, opposite Brunia Way Hout Bay.  Ready to start running at 6h00.  Please come 10 mins earlier to sign the register and for a run briefingPlease be aware there is limited parking, so please try and share lifts with friends, or even park away from the area and walk to the start.  Please be considerate when parking your car.

Directions

Take the Hout Bay Main Road around the circle into Victoria Road, drive through the robots and take the second road to the left into Edgar Road and second road on the right. Into Eustegia Way. Parking area on the left opposite Brunia Way.

Walking group
Confirmed :)

What to bring

The usual: water, whistle, warm/waterproof top, sun block, camera, money for the car guard.  Make sure you have your emergency contact details on you. You might want to bring a cozzie and a towel for a quick dip afterwards at one of these gorgeous beaches as the forecast is for a temperature range of 18-22 degrees for the duration of our run.

Have a great week.

Run Manager

Lorraine Nevin

0725750914