TABLE MOUNTAIN TRAILERS - SATURDAY 27 July 2024 - Vredehoek, Oppelskop, Block Houses

Gary

Jul 21, 2024, 3:16:24 PM (6 days ago) Jul 21
to TMTra...@googlegroups.com
Hi Trailers,

This week we start from Vredehoek, doing a loop in Deer Park, and the lower slopes of Devils Peak.

Route Details

Starting from Vredehoek we zig-zag our way up to Dead Man's tree on Tafelberg Road, unfortunately, run on some tar before going up the single track to the lower contour path, turning left and head towards Oppelskop, scramble up to the top of Oppelskop, take in the views and then carry on up to turn left along the middle contour path, the group can decide if they would like to pop up to Woodstock Cave before heading down to the lower contour path again and onto Kings Blockhouse, down the jeep or single track, turning right to run along some single track to the Queen's Blockhouse, and then make our way back to Vredehoek on jeep track.

The distance is around 12km taking about 2.5 hours for the relaxed group as we stop to admire the views. There are many options for a shorter or longer run.

The walking group will be confirmed on Friday.

Rendezvous and Start Time

Meet at 7:20 am at Vredehoek on Chelmsford Road. Ready to start running at 7:30 am

Directions To Start

Parking is next to Vredehoek Eco Park on Chelmsford Road.

https://maps.app.goo.gl/YnLd7B75ovY6dc6r6

image.png

Terrain and Distance

It's a mixture of jeep track and single-track and not very technical, ±12km, with 670m ascent with shorter and longer options.

image.png

Groups
This is a pack run with regular regroups, we will split into speed groups with leaders and sweeps in the morning.

Dogs
Please note that
Totalsports VOB club rules do not permit dogs on their runs.

What to bring
Water, whistle, warm/windproof top depending on weather, space blanket, ICE ID - on your phone, bracelet/tag, or card in your backpack.

Important

Please remember to look behind you at every turn in the route to make sure the people behind you see which way you are going.

Leaders of each group will ensure that no one is left behind. Please keep the groups together and ensure no one is left alone

Gary Phipson
Cell: 078 998 7687

Gary

Jul 26, 2024, 12:45:23 AM (yesterday) Jul 26
to TMTra...@googlegroups.com
Morning Trailers,

Tomorrow's run is ON.

Weather is predicted to be cool, wet and breezy.

Please come prepared for all weather.

There will be NO walking group.